Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   stack & store bobbin tower by Clover (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/stack-store-bobbin-tower-clover-t256306.html)

Bueniebabe 11-03-2014 06:21 PM

stack & store bobbin tower by Clover

Do any of you have this? It holds 30 bobbins. No more bobbins rolling around on the floor when the plastic case gets knocked off the table.

QuiltE 11-03-2014 08:30 PM

I have seen those ... however, I use "Bobbin Buddies" so that I can keep the bobbins with the matching thread. For me it works much better, as I don't have to search for the matching bobbin and spool. Before I switched to this, too often, I was left with wondering, is this the poly thread? or the cotton? the same colour/tone? or what? Makes for quick and slick thread changes!

cathyvv 11-03-2014 09:51 PM

I bought a little case - around 4 or 5 inches wide and 8 inches long- that has a foam insert with holes cut out for the bobbins. It works great.

tkee 11-04-2014 05:30 AM

I have one I got on sale. I like having that many bobbins accessible. The only problem I foresee is the paperwork said the arms may stretch after they have been full for a while. I like it and mine hasn't stretched yet, but I have only had it a few months.

Roberta 11-04-2014 07:42 AM

If it's the one I have, two sections where you stick the bobbins into clips, I hate it. It constantly was falling over and I had to crawl on the floor to retrieve it. I bought a clear case from Joann's that they fit in and also bought several of the "donut" type round silicone holders that I put on the pegboard and they never fall out.

tessagin 11-04-2014 07:54 AM

I put my bobbins into cases. One case is labeled for my 2662 and the other is labeled for my 401. I used to use the rubber band idea but then I would need the spool of thread for one machine but not the other and it just works easier. Not so confusing and not rolling all over the place. DH was looking for a bobbin to change the other evening and he liked the idea of being able to go right to the case intended. He even filled a couple that had emptied out.

Kitsie 11-04-2014 04:37 PM

Have had mine for years. No problems and really find it handy. I just use the "layer" or two that have my most used neutral thread bobbins and put it in the drawer beside me. The other layers are in a drawer across the room. I don't change bobbins often enough to need it up in the table.

donna13350 11-05-2014 10:09 AM

I have 2 of them, one for each machine...it is super handy to get a lot of bobbins wound and ready to go for a quilting project or embroidery. I like that you can enclose the thread tails inside the clips, so they're not dangling everywhere, and that I can see my colors at a glance. Wish I had a couple more!

themary 11-05-2014 11:44 AM

I had one and didn't like it. So cut them off and use them like bobbin buddies.

caspharm 11-05-2014 02:37 PM

I use a couple of empty ScharffenBerger candy boxes.