Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: stack & store bobbin tower by Clover

Blog Entries

stack & store bobbin tower by Clover

Do any of you have this? It holds 30 bobbins. No more bobbins rolling around on the floor when the plastic case gets knocked off the table.

I have seen those ... however, I use "Bobbin Buddies" so that I can keep the bobbins with the matching thread. For me it works much better, as I don't have to search for the matching bobbin and spool. Before I switched to this, too often, I was left with wondering, is this the poly thread? or the cotton? the same colour/tone? or what? Makes for quick and slick thread changes!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

I bought a little case - around 4 or 5 inches wide and 8 inches long- that has a foam insert with holes cut out for the bobbins. It works great.
    A quilt is like a good life. It's full of mistakes, but, in the end, it looks pretty good.

I have one I got on sale. I like having that many bobbins accessible. The only problem I foresee is the paperwork said the arms may stretch after they have been full for a while. I like it and mine hasn't stretched yet, but I have only had it a few months.

Blog Entries
    If it's the one I have, two sections where you stick the bobbins into clips, I hate it. It constantly was falling over and I had to crawl on the floor to retrieve it. I bought a clear case from Joann's that they fit in and also bought several of the "donut" type round silicone holders that I put on the pegboard and they never fall out.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I put my bobbins into cases. One case is labeled for my 2662 and the other is labeled for my 401. I used to use the rubber band idea but then I would need the spool of thread for one machine but not the other and it just works easier. Not so confusing and not rolling all over the place. DH was looking for a bobbin to change the other evening and he liked the idea of being able to go right to the case intended. He even filled a couple that had emptied out.

Blog Entries
    Have had mine for years. No problems and really find it handy. I just use the "layer" or two that have my most used neutral thread bobbins and put it in the drawer beside me. The other layers are in a drawer across the room. I don't change bobbins often enough to need it up in the table.
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

I have 2 of them, one for each machine...it is super handy to get a lot of bobbins wound and ready to go for a quilting project or embroidery. I like that you can enclose the thread tails inside the clips, so they're not dangling everywhere, and that I can see my colors at a glance. Wish I had a couple more!

I had one and didn't like it. So cut them off and use them like bobbin buddies.
    Grandmother of 5 and great grandmother of 1,

I use a couple of empty ScharffenBerger candy boxes.

I don't have this but I know several people who do and they hate it. Flimsy.

Ugh!! Hate it!! I bought it to use one half for sewing and one half for embroidery bobbins. It's flimsy and comes apart too easily. If the bobbins are not full, they began to unravel themselves anyway and the thread ends are everywhere. Still looking for something better. The only other gadget I hate as much is the Fons and Porter seam ripper. That thing rolls off my work area constantly!
    Patti
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.
    ~Mark Twain