Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Staying out of sewing room today.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/staying-out-sewing-room-today-t273510.html)

sandy l 12-20-2015 06:00 AM

Staying out of sewing room today..

I have a Kerig coffee maker and was going to make me a cup of coffee. Put the pod in, closed lid and punched the button to start. I'm watching the coffee come out and realized I'm holding my cup in my hand. After quickly putting cup in place and cleaning up coffee from counter, figured that I should probably stay away from my sewing machine, rotary cutter and iron for the day. Am going to go sit quietly in the corner and read for the day.

cjsews 12-20-2015 06:48 AM

That a good idea. It is worse when you make a full pot and forget to put the pot under the coffee running all over the counter😁

ManiacQuilter2 12-20-2015 06:50 AM

Every time I hear the tea come out of my Mr Coffee, I check that indeed the mug is there. I did it once and what a mess to clean up!

Misty's Mom 12-20-2015 06:59 AM

Been there, done that. Hate it when it happens:shock:

Onebyone 12-20-2015 08:36 AM

My 19 month old grand decided to make a cup of coffee. With the help of a kitchen stool, he put in a new pod, hit all the right buttons on the Kerig and I think feeling pretty proud by then. LOL. The hot water scared him but didn't burn him thank goodness. Where was I ? In the bathroom with 3 year old grand helping with a potty ER. No sewing for me that day either.

tessagin 12-20-2015 08:46 AM

Have had days like that.

Kitsie 12-20-2015 09:26 AM

Hope your day gets better! That is funny because I can soooo relate!

Chasing Hawk 12-20-2015 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by sandy l (Post 7408732)
I have a Kerig coffee maker and was going to make me a cup of coffee. Put the pod in, closed lid and punched the button to start. I'm watching the coffee come out and realized I'm holding my cup in my hand. After quickly putting cup in place and cleaning up coffee from counter, figured that I should probably stay away from my sewing machine, rotary cutter and iron for the day. Am going to go sit quietly in the corner and read for the day.

Come on over, you can sit in my sewing room with me. And I will even serve you some homemade chicken pot pie. :)

Jan in VA 12-20-2015 04:53 PM

Poor baby, some days are just not worth getting up for, are they. :)

marge954 12-20-2015 04:59 PM

I hope your day got much, much better. I worked at a school and the coffee pot had a note posted on it that said, "NO ONE touches this coffee pot but Carol". It was a finicky pot and everyone wanted to put to many grounds in the pot. At least once a week for the first few months I'd hear someone yelling my name. I'd head into the kitchen to clean the overflowing water and coffee off the counter and floor. Later I was out for a week on vacation and when I came back we had a nice, new coffee pot that didn't overflow.