Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Staying out of sewing room today..

Blog Entries

Staying out of sewing room today..

I have a Kerig coffee maker and was going to make me a cup of coffee. Put the pod in, closed lid and punched the button to start. I'm watching the coffee come out and realized I'm holding my cup in my hand. After quickly putting cup in place and cleaning up coffee from counter, figured that I should probably stay away from my sewing machine, rotary cutter and iron for the day. Am going to go sit quietly in the corner and read for the day.

That a good idea. It is worse when you make a full pot and forget to put the pot under the coffee running all over the counter😁

Every time I hear the tea come out of my Mr Coffee, I check that indeed the mug is there. I did it once and what a mess to clean up!
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Been there, done that. Hate it when it happens

My 19 month old grand decided to make a cup of coffee. With the help of a kitchen stool, he put in a new pod, hit all the right buttons on the Kerig and I think feeling pretty proud by then. LOL. The hot water scared him but didn't burn him thank goodness. Where was I ? In the bathroom with 3 year old grand helping with a potty ER. No sewing for me that day either.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Have had days like that.

Blog Entries
    Hope your day gets better! That is funny because I can soooo relate!
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

Quote Originally Posted by sandy l View Post
    I have a Kerig coffee maker and was going to make me a cup of coffee. Put the pod in, closed lid and punched the button to start. I'm watching the coffee come out and realized I'm holding my cup in my hand. After quickly putting cup in place and cleaning up coffee from counter, figured that I should probably stay away from my sewing machine, rotary cutter and iron for the day. Am going to go sit quietly in the corner and read for the day.
    Come on over, you can sit in my sewing room with me. And I will even serve you some homemade chicken pot pie.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Poor baby, some days are just not worth getting up for, are they.
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

I hope your day got much, much better. I worked at a school and the coffee pot had a note posted on it that said, "NO ONE touches this coffee pot but Carol". It was a finicky pot and everyone wanted to put to many grounds in the pot. At least once a week for the first few months I'd hear someone yelling my name. I'd head into the kitchen to clean the overflowing water and coffee off the counter and floor. Later I was out for a week on vacation and when I came back we had a nice, new coffee pot that didn't overflow.

Reading this after I made my coffee in my Kuerig just now. Minus the POD! Lol! No one was hurt in my absentmindedness! Lol!

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

I have days like that. One day I went searching all over the house for the missing coffee cup only to realize that it was in the microwave ready to be heated up with today's coffee. Have you ever tried putting your cup in the fridge instead of the microwave to heat up? Yes, been there done that.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

Blog Entries
    it's sad but funny. I can appreciate it even though I don't drink coffee.
    Sorry I laughed, but I did find it humorous.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by sandy l View Post
    I think that was a wise decision!