Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Stephen King (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/stephen-king-t29037.html)

amma 11-20-2009 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Oh golly, the lodge even looks spooky in the advertising pictures!!

I liked the book much better than the movie but will still watch it when it comes on TV..... :oops: :oops:

You should see it at night :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink:

Ninnie 11-20-2009 04:42 PM

I will have to look for it this week-end, sounds like a good red

beachlady 11-20-2009 04:50 PM

Stephen lives up a couple of towns from me .... and I have to admit I never have read any of his books ....too chicken! Don't like scary. Both he and his wife do wonderful things around here.

amma 11-20-2009 05:09 PM

I have heard that about him, also... It is nice to know that money doesn't always go to everyone's heads 8)

lots2do 11-20-2009 05:16 PM

beachlady-
I keep wondering where your avatar is...if you don't mind sharing. (If you do, I understand, cyberspace and all)...I'm a born-and-bred Mainiac or Mainer, whichever you prefer.
lots2do

bbwalkup 11-20-2009 06:21 PM

I love his books. There are 3 that stand out to me. Bag of Bones: intense, but soooo powerful. Cujo: lame I know, but to feel how the poor dog didn't understand just broke my heart. I was so mad after the movie, they just didn't get how much he loved his family. Dolores Clairborn: I've never read anything written from that point of view. Again, the movie had it all wrong.

Now, I can't wait to read the new one!!!!

jljack 11-20-2009 09:54 PM

My personal Stephen King favorite is "The Stand". The character development and intricacies of the story make it so very believable. I have seen the movie about 4 times, and it goes 3 hours!! His very best by far.....but then again, Stand By Me was also great!! Wonderful story!

Quilts from the Heart 11-21-2009 12:25 PM

Oh my gosh! I thought I was the only 58 yr old quilting grandma who loved Stephen King and Dean Koontz! My kids think I am sooooooo weird - I do all the "mom" and "grandma" stuff ~ but behind closed doors I love reading King and Koontz!! So nice to know that maybe, just maybe, I am normal! LOL

sewjoyce 11-21-2009 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Quilts from the Heart
Oh my gosh! I thought I was the only 58 yr old quilting grandma who loved Stephen King and Dean Koontz! My kids think I am sooooooo weird - I do all the "mom" and "grandma" stuff ~ but behind closed doors I love reading King and Koontz!! So nice to know that maybe, just maybe, I am normal! LOL

OMG! You just described me to a "T" -- from the age on down. And yeah, even my grandkids think I'm weird.....

amma 11-21-2009 02:07 PM

My kids don't bat an eye as they get my "hand me down" copies LMBO I am the one who got them started on various author's and types of books. :wink: