Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Stephen King (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/stephen-king-t29037.html)

littleone 11-21-2009 03:40 PM

So I am not the only 58 YO SK fan, my very fav is the Dark Tower series, now reading the comic series, have read every one of his books, hoping I get The Dome for Christmas.

jljack 11-21-2009 09:55 PM

Ha-HA!!! Maybe you have to be a 58 year old grandma to really love what a 58 year old grandpa writes!!! It appears we are all about the same age, all with grandkids. I love this!!! LOL

pal 11-21-2009 10:13 PM

"The Shining" was the scariest book that I've ever read. Now I listen
to Books on Tape and on Cassettes as I quilt or craft.

sewjoyce 11-22-2009 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by pal
"The Shining" was the scariest book that I've ever read. Now I listen
to Books on Tape and on Cassettes as I quilt or craft.

Well, duh, I never thought about doing that! Thanks for the tip! :D

sewsewquilter 11-22-2009 06:52 AM

Pet Cemetery was the scariest for me. It's the only one of his books that I had to sleep with the lights on. :lol:

Bevanger 11-22-2009 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
OK, all your book lovers out there, who is reading or has finished King's latest book, "Under the Dome"???

I got my copy last week. The darn thing is over 1,000 pages and weighs 3 lbs.! But I was hooked before I finished reading the 1st 50 pages.... :D :D

I just got an email on it this morning. It sure looked good. I'll have to wait and get it used. :?

Scissor Queen 11-22-2009 07:26 AM

OK, all your book lovers out there, who is reading or has finished King's latest book, "Under the Dome"???

I got my copy last week. The darn thing is over 1,000 pages and weighs 3 lbs.! But I was hooked before I finished reading the 1st 50 pages.... :D :D

I bought it on monday and finished reading it on wednesday. I don't think it's one of his best works but it's still good. I was a little irritated when it turned out to be ... oh wait, that would be telling!

sewjoyce 11-22-2009 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen

I bought it on monday and finished reading it on wednesday. I don't think it's one of his best works but it's still good. I was a little irritated when it turned out to be ... oh wait, that would be telling!

Oh, please don't tell!! :lol: :lol: I'm just about half thru it and won't get a chance to do any more reading until this evening....but on second thought -- it would save me a lot of time :lol: :lol: :lol:

farscapegal 11-22-2009 09:19 AM

I love Stephen King's books. I am reading The Stand now. I know it has been around for quite some time but I never got around to reading it. Loved the mini series.

"IT" always gave me the creeps.

Sybil

Bevanger 11-22-2009 11:30 AM

are his books hard to understand? i get "lost" sometimes reading James Patterson the first couple chapters.