Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Stick vacuums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/stick-vacuums-t315523.html)

tranum 06-01-2021 06:07 PM

Stick vacuums

Tell me about your stick vacuum & why you like it or hate it. I’m considering one for lower level. We don’t have animals.

cashs_mom 06-01-2021 06:45 PM

I've had several over the years and they all ended up at Goodwill. I don't think they have enough power and are worthless on carpet. They're okay on hard flooring but i prefer my little Oreck tank type vacuum for that.

ctrysass2012 06-01-2021 06:54 PM

I have an upright Shark that works well & I can go from carpet to hard floor with no problem. I'll also use a Swiffer under the table & beds. Some stick vacs aren't strong enough for carpets.

junegerbracht 06-02-2021 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by ctrysass2012 (Post 8488170)
I have an upright Shark that works well & I can go from carpet to hard floor with no problem. I'll also use a Swiffer under the table & beds. Some stick vacs aren't strong enough for carpets.

I too love my Shark. Quite powerful and works well on carpet.

rjwilder 06-02-2021 03:17 AM

I have a Shark and love it, easy to handle, lightweight, great suction and it's easy to clean. I have no carpet except area rugs and I have a fur kid, it works great picks up dust, dirt and fur.

jmoore 06-02-2021 03:17 AM

I have a Dyson I purchased last spring (when my DIL and grandsons came to live with us due to Covid)…It was a life saver with a 6 and 3 year old and their dog. The one I have does a great job on wood floors and carpet, works wonderfully for quick cleanups without having to drag out the large canister vacuum. I know Dyson can be pricey but I had a gift certificate and coupon for Bed Bath Beyond. I am going to purchase on for my summer cottage…

sahansen44 06-02-2021 03:19 AM

I have a Dyson that I purchased reconditioned from Amazon. Very powerful and love it. It is chargeable. Also have a big floor model Dyson and wouldn't have anything else.

Blueridgebeverly 06-02-2021 03:44 AM

A couple of years ago I bought a Shark that easily trades out heads for hardwood floors. The hardwood floor attachment has a dust pad and is great. I use it upstairs where I can switch between laminate floors in my sewing room to carpet in the other rooms.

When my Dyson died last year after 15 years I bought another Shark. The one with the swivel head. It works great on carpet and picks up enough debris from kitchen tile to prepare for mopping.

QuiltBaer 06-02-2021 04:05 AM

I have a Dyson. I have hard wood floors and I love that I can turn off the beater bars while vacuuming. I live in an old 2 story house and recently bought my 2nd Dyson. Now I don't have to carry one up and down stairs.

Sewgood 06-02-2021 04:27 AM

I have a Dyson stick also. It's great on my carpet and tile floors. Another GREAT thing about it is it comes with a couple attachments...the flat skinny one is the one I used the most. It gets up close to my baseboards and such. AND - I can also sweep my car out with it...it works so great! I can run out and do my car in about 10 minutes.