Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   stop work order, or approval? Quilt inspectors (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/stop-work-order-approval-quilt-inspectors-t224735.html)

KathyKat 06-30-2013 06:40 AM

I think she's saying "I love your quilting and am fascinated watching how you work!"

meanmom 06-30-2013 06:45 AM

My cat Felix helps me sew also. I have concluded that he likes to lay under my ott light because it is warm. My FMQ isn't that good to start with. It is hard enough to do without a 15 pound cat to move around with the quilt. I was FMQ last week and I know I moved him 5 or 6 times. It is an ok spot to lay when I am piecing. He is very affectionate and is spoiled rotten. When I have a big family party here he goes from person to person begging for a handout. We so spoil our furbabies.

gramma nancy 06-30-2013 08:41 AM

It wouldn't be a finished quilt without a cat scan, would it?

lalaland 06-30-2013 09:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I was fmq'g a table runner and had to leave my machine for a minute, just a minute, and this is what I came back to. Of course I left him there, he just looked too darn comfortable to disturb.

TnBecky 06-30-2013 10:05 AM

What a beautiful furbaby. I would think she is saying "I like it". I love pictures of quilts & furbabies. :thumbup:

Carol34446 06-30-2013 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by AlienQuilter (Post 6150355)
LOL - she's letting you know that you shouldn't pay more attention to the quilting than to her!

My large house dog used to sit as close as he could, sometimes on the foot control and my machine would start sewing - luckily no injuries to me but sometimes to whatever I was working on. He's been gone nearly 4 years. I would dearly love to have him around. We decided no more fur babies.

Couldn't go with out fur babies, even though we have to many right now. love everyone of them.

MadQuilter 06-30-2013 11:10 AM

I interpret this to mean "stop what you are doing and PET ME now." I have a cattus interruptus as well.

Taughtby Grandma 06-30-2013 11:11 AM

Wow, talk about close inspections! She really puts a stop to the progress doesn't she.

mighty 07-01-2013 07:27 AM

That is so cute!!!

ArchaicArcane 07-02-2013 09:56 AM

AlienQuilter - I'm glad there were no injuries! I do my best to keep the pedal hidden from our dog for that exact reason. :)

Jingle - I tried that for a while, but the scratching at the door and crying wasn't worth it. So far, most of what I create is for us anyway, and it will end up with fur on it eventually, so I've given up trying to keep it fur free. Heck, the one actual quilt I've made is no longer mine anyway. It's theirs. It travels with the one to the vet, and it's their "familiar" blanket in the trailer. It's where they're both sleeping at the moment. ;)

lynnie - I've done the same thing in my sewing room when I'm working on a machine. She cuddles up and sleeps beside me. For some reason, the fabric for sewing is a completely different story though. She must be on top of it while I sew.

KathyKat - I think you may be right, or else she's just calling dibs early ;)

meanmom - I tried to FMQ with her on it too. :) She put a stop to that by standing up and trying to grab the thread as it unwound.

gramma nancy - of course! What was I thinking! I forgot entirely about the cat scan requirement. :)

lalaland - he's adorable! I do the same, I just stop for the evening if she needs the quilt more than I do. And I have more padding than she does, so she always needs it more than I do. :)

MadQuilter - "cattus interruptus" purrfect term!! :)

Taughtby Grandma - There's definitely no missing when the inspector has arrived, that's for sure!