Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   strange pm ??????????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/strange-pm-t50081.html)

raptureready 06-18-2010 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
Raptureready, I was one or the ones who sent you a PM by mistake. Your nanme was right above Rere and I hit your PM instead. DId not notice until the next morning. How funny this subject comes up now. I feel like a stalker. ROFL

Don't feel like a stalker, everyone makes a couple of bloopers in the beginning. It's okay and I wasn't worried. I looked you up as I always do and saw that you were a legit member. There was some other woman that was wanting selvages, fabric, etc. mailed to her. And she wasn't a member. There was one other one too that was really strange. No, when I got yours I just thought, "This woman must have me mixed up with someone she knows." and just went ahead and replied. LOL I'm a friendly person too. I once talked to a person that dialed my number (wrong number) for 1/2 an hour. We ended up dating for awhile. Boy did that dredge up some ancient memories!!!! See ya.

kwiltkrazy 06-18-2010 03:29 AM

Yes,me too. She wanted patterns though, I thought it was strange, just out of the blue. I didn't know we could look up people like that.

granniebj 06-18-2010 06:42 AM

I've never had any. Nothing but good experiences in here!

Boston1954 06-18-2010 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
I got the one from the person requesting selvages and just deleted it.

You're smarter than I am. I told her I would save them. Was just about ready to send them out, when several people were talking and saying she never posted, just asked a bunch of people for selvages.

bearisgray 06-18-2010 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
I got the one from the person requesting selvages and just deleted it.

You're smarter than I am. I told her I would save them. Was just about ready to send them out, when several people were talking and saying she never posted, just asked a bunch of people for selvages.

I told her that the ones I had didn't have the cute circles on them - but I don't remember what the reply was.

annette1952 06-18-2010 12:13 PM

I've never had a strange PM. Some people really have the nerve don't they?

MistyMarie 06-18-2010 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
You know what? I think Ashley just joined on June 11th and that's probably why she doesn't have any posts. She goes by the screen name of lovesfabric and I believe she was just being friendly. She's the one that said that she was meaning to send it to someone else. That one didn't bother me too much.

I too received a message from her. I wrote her back and then she wrote back to me. She seems really nice. I encouraged her to post to the message board and get feedback from everyone. BTW - She didn't ask for anything except a name of a book I said I had in my library.