Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Stuffed Crow (not my work) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/stuffed-crow-not-my-work-t248211.html)

Sewnoma 06-10-2014 06:28 AM

Stuffed Crow (not my work)

3 Attachment(s)
I hope this is OK to post here...it's not a quilt and I didn't make it, but I did buy this at a quilt show, and it's made by a woman in my quilt guild. So it's SORT OF related!

The local quilt show (put on by the guild I just joined) has a boutique inside each year; guild members sew various projects throughout the year and they're sold at the show; part profit to the member, part to the guild. I have always have bought something there each year (well before I joined) because it's neat stuff and I like to support local artists and craftspeople.

This year, I saw this guy and literally could not leave him alone. I kept coming back and touching him, so finally I bought him and carried him all around the show where we both made lots of friends. He ended up recommending bird fabrics to everybody! (He even convinced me, you can see some of it in the background.) He & I had a whole booth full of people in stitches at one point...pun INTENDED!

And now he's my new sewing room mascot!

Meet Corbin. He's a dapper fellow and quite friendly! He stands 11" tall and I just love him to pieces. Corbin had 3-4 other members of his flock there (each with unique names) but I fell in love with the inquisitive little crook to his head and now he's mine! He's made out of black velveteen and he's just wonderful all the way around.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]478593[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]478594[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]478595[/ATTACH]

willferg 06-10-2014 06:41 AM

Very cute! I was sorry to miss that event – maybe next year!

wolph33 06-10-2014 06:54 AM

That is sew cute,I love crows

QUILTNMO 06-10-2014 07:00 AM

very cute!!!!!

Sewnoma 06-10-2014 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by willferg (Post 6752755)
Very cute! I was sorry to miss that event – maybe next year!

It was a good show, you missed out! I had a ton of fun, but then again it's hard for me NOT to have fun at a quilt show!

Sewnoma 06-10-2014 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by wolph33 (Post 6752769)
That is sew cute,I love crows

I do too, I am impressed by their intelligence and I also think they're beautiful animals. There is a really fascinating TED talk about crows; if you go to YouTube and search for "crow vending machine" you'll find it. (Not about a vending machine that sells crows; it's about a vending machine designed to be used by crows.)

fxsts93kf 06-10-2014 08:41 AM

Very cool and so unique! I love your new mascot!!

quiltstringz 06-10-2014 08:45 AM

He is certainly very dapper!

Prim Quilts 06-10-2014 09:02 AM

Sew cute! I love him.

Doggramma 06-10-2014 09:56 AM

I love Corbin too! Very dapper in his tophat. It would be difficult to just choose one!

Crows are fascinating birds. Years ago someone around here at the UW did a study. They said the crows use their "language" like we do. They apparently murmur stories to each other at night when they go in to roost and they have names for each other. Also, I used to feed the crows by my building when I worked at the UW. They would see my car coming and follow along, flying along with the car. They wanted their meat!