Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Suggestions for gift basket auction - not sewing related (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/suggestions-gift-basket-auction-not-sewing-related-t270546.html)

CanoePam 09-30-2015 07:04 AM

Suggestions for gift basket auction - not sewing related

I am stuck. I volunteered to coordinate a gift basket for a church silent auction at the end of the month. The basket would be provided by choir members, and they wanted it to be music-related. I have lots of people willing to donate items, but none of us are sure what the most popular items would be. I am going to contact the symphony and ask them to donate a couple of tickets, but what else should we ask folks to bring?

I probably will package the basket with some cute musical fabric I have (maybe make some mug rugs with it), but no one else sews so we need some other ideas.

Pam

bearisgray 09-30-2015 07:09 AM

gift certificates for CD's?

That's a tough one - people's music tastes are so varied -

cjr 09-30-2015 08:05 AM

cds, snacks, wine or alcoholic beverage always is a draw, dining gift cards, bottles of premium water

ManiacQuilter2 09-30-2015 08:06 AM

This is tough. Musical gift cards for iTunes??

bearisgray 09-30-2015 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by cjr (Post 7332006)
cds, snacks, wine or alcoholic beverage always is a draw, dining gift cards, bottles of premium water

Depending on the church - alchoholic anything might be iffy -

The only thing I can think of are gag type gifts that would be suitable for a kids rhythm band!

CanoePam 09-30-2015 09:04 AM

I know it has only been a couple of hours since my initial post, but the comments I have gotten confirm my thinking of the past week - this is hard! I want something that will appeal to more than other choir members since we are raising funds for some worthy charities.

I am am going to call the choir president and suggest we do a Halloween basket. The auction will be a week before Halloween, and I bet that will go over well. Of course, if anyone has more wonderful ideas for a music basket, keep suggesting!

Pam

lynnie 09-30-2015 09:26 AM

a video of something pertaining to the subject. "the sound of music"
wine glasses with musical notes, music boxes, some divine chocolates,
dish towels trimmed with the musical fabric, pot holders the same,
Go to a gift store andlook around, once you start looking, you'll see a few items.
Maybe some general greeting cards with a music note, or birds singcing.
I think you can make some kitchen napkins out of the music fabric too,
hope this helps.

mrs. fitz 09-30-2015 03:36 PM

If you get a donation of symphony tickets, you could add a gift card for a restaurant nearby to make it a "special night out".

Material Witness 09-30-2015 03:59 PM

Everyone can use a kazoo.

Jeanne S 09-30-2015 05:48 PM

Gift certificate to a store like Best Buy that sells CDs and DVDs, coffee mugs with music notes on them. If you do the symphony tickets, I like the restaurant gift certificate and perhaps a close hotel night certificate. You could also add tickets to other performances like musicals or plays to make it a bigger value.