Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Summer reading (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/summer-reading-t48311.html)

Maride 06-04-2010 05:15 AM

Me again...

My son has a short list of books he needs to read during the summer. As the scientist he is, I know he will hate all of them, but he has no other choice but to expand his mind and read them. I know is a long shot but was wondering if anyone had these books that we could borrow.

The Dharma Bums (by Jack Ketronal sp?)
Eat, Pray, Love (by Elizabeth Gilbert)
Mao: A Life (by Jonathan spence)
The Emperors of Chocolate: Inside the secret world of Hershey's and Mars

Any help will be greately appreciated.

Thanks!!

sueisallaboutquilts 06-04-2010 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Maride
Me again...

My son has a short list of books he needs to read during the summer. As the scientist he is, I know he will hate all of them, but he has no other choice but to expand his mind and read them. I know is a long shot but was wondering if anyone had these books that we could borrow.

The Dharma Bums (by Jack Ketronal sp?)
Eat, Pray, Love (by Elizabeth Gilbert)
Mao: A Life (by Jonathan spence)
The Emperors of Chocolate: Inside the secret world of Hershey's and Mars

Any help will be greately appreciated.

Thanks!!

How about the library????
I read Eat,Pray,Love- great read but got it there.

craftybear 06-04-2010 05:43 AM

sorry don't have those books

hazeljane 06-04-2010 06:28 AM

Dharma Bums is by Jack Kerouac. My ex got the Kerouac collection, alas, but all of these should easily be found in the local library.

DebraK 06-04-2010 07:15 AM

You might find these online fairly cheap at betterworld.com. Check their used bin.

sewjoyce 06-04-2010 07:17 AM

poor kid -- I wouldn't want to read any of them :lol: :lol: But then, I'm mainly a "mystery" & "horror" book reader. Bet they don't put any of those on a summer reading list :lol: :lol:

redkimba 06-04-2010 07:34 AM

Do you have a Half-Price Books store in the area? They might have some of those.

Also - try amazon.com You can get copies that are cheaper.

Maride 06-04-2010 07:54 AM

At amazon all books came up to $40.00, which is not bad, but I have to be careful spending $$ this days. I will try to get them from the library.

Few years back when the book first came out, I got Eat, Pray, Love and started to read it. I hated it and passed it on to a friend who also hated it and it passed on so many times, I have now no idea where it ended up. I will keep on searching.

Thanks

Maride 06-04-2010 07:54 AM

At amazon all books came up to $40.00, which is not bad, but I have to be careful spending $$ this days. I will try to get them from the library.

Few years back when the book first came out, I got Eat, Pray, Love and started to read it. I hated it and passed it on to a friend who also hated it and it passed on so many times, I have now no idea where it ended up. I will keep on searching.

Thanks

reach for the stars 2 06-04-2010 10:35 AM

Try Amazon.com you can get used books at a very good price.