Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Sweet dreams (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/sweet-dreams-t190353.html)

newquilty 05-31-2012 06:17 AM

I had back trouble and could not sleep on my back. I purchased a foam bed. HEAVEN, now I sleep however I choose. I get up in the mornings with no pain. Regular bed just did not work with all of my arthritis.

maryb119 05-31-2012 07:46 AM

We gave up the waterbed up to 3 years ago. I still miss getting into bed in those cold Iowa winters and not having warm sheets! We replaced it with a queen size pillow top mattress. I am comfortable in that too.

MimiBug123 05-31-2012 09:58 PM

Sorry to say, but DH and I have separate rooms too. Conjugal visits are fun, but it sure is nice to have the whole bed and the only snoring I hear is dainty, and from my little Yorkie and Maltese fur babies!

Latrinka 06-01-2012 07:37 PM

I had a waterbed for years and loved it- just hated changing the sheets! Once it sprung a leak, that was it, went back to regular pillowtop mattress, and love it!

b.zang 06-01-2012 07:48 PM

Too funny! I'd forgotten about my years on a waterbed early on in my first marriage. We even put our kids into single-sized waterbeds when they moved out of cribs. I LOVED the waterbed. When the marriage split, he took the bed and I bought myself a nice pillow-top mattress. It gets flannel sheets in the winter, and nice cool cotton in the summer. Almost twenty years later, I'm ready for a new mattress and am thinking of the temprpedic. Don't like the foam pillows, though, so am not sure what I'll think of the mattress.

quiltingcandy 06-01-2012 08:01 PM

Costco has a foam mattress pad you can buy and use to see if you like the tempurpedic (sp). It makes some people too warm. But understand now they have the "cool gel" to help prevent it. My husband sleeps way too warm to get one.

Mousie 06-10-2012 01:20 PM

I don't know WHY, some of us keep the same old bed for years on end. I have fibromyalgia and we bought our first brand new bed last summer.
Now, dh hates it, just like the one before it, but I was in agreement that time.
We actually went bed shopping again, but I've been OCD-ing about that decision and held it until I nearly burst.
I was trying so hard to leave this entirely up to him, bc I don't want him to be hurting.
I may just find I will feel better too...just miserable with the fibro. today.
Had to do a shout out, bc misery loves company.
I'm so happy for you that you are finally going to have some relief :)

nativetexan 06-10-2012 03:49 PM

Good for you. i hope you get a restful night's sleep after all that time. I have a comfort mattress that adjusts with air. select comfort i think. hubby now sleeps in the recliner, even though his side of the bed never lost air. mine always did and still does!
i just got our tiny shower in our small bathroom fixed. it's been out of order for over 15 years!!