Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   take a trip back in time (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/take-trip-back-time-t72143.html)

dljennings 10-26-2010 02:12 PM

and hula hoops....loved those

yesyoucan 10-26-2010 03:13 PM

I asked my 17 year old son if he knew what oly,oly oxen free meant and he said yes,it happens when you call out for hide and seek. I guess I did well.

connecticut quilter 10-26-2010 04:11 PM

CJOMOMMA I remember all of those things. I grow up on a dairy farm. My brothers and sisters and I had so much fun.. When we get togather we talk about the old time as what we call it. There is 7 of us our children look at us like we are all crazy. But we did have alot of fun. It sure is not like today. The kid are either playing video games or on their computers..No jump rope or donkey, kick ball,hide insec we were outside playing all the time...

lnikkers52 10-26-2010 04:26 PM

i can add to these memory's How about spoolie curlers, orpetticoats you had to pin up because the elastic broke or sprinkleing your laundry wiht a pop bottle and a cap wiht holes in it. and we walked to school no mater how far it was. That's just what ya did back then.and you could get a nice size bag of penny cany for mere penny's. i could go on and on.nice memories

cjomomma 10-26-2010 05:29 PM

I am so glad everyone seems to be enjoying these memories. I remember a few of them, well maybe more than a few. LOL. I wish my kids could experience my childhood, the freedom and all the fun playing outside til the sun went down. My folks never had to worry about where I was or someone snatching me up.
It is a crying shame that todays world has gotten so bad.

IBQUILTIN 10-26-2010 05:38 PM

Thanx for the memories. Those were the good ol' days

lovequilting2 10-26-2010 06:08 PM

Yep, I remember those things too. I remember going to our neighborhood gas station (I lived in Chicago) and got a "tiger tail" and "tiger cup" from Corky, the attendant. We had a lemonade stand in front of our house for people who were going to Wrigley Field for a Cubs game. We would go to our local A & P store and collect Green stamps and look through the catalog for hours making our wish lists. Oh, what wonderful days those were. It's sad that progress has progressed to today!

bjnicholson 10-26-2010 06:13 PM

I remember those. Funny you mentioned war, the card game. I taught my 2 DGD's to play. The little one was playing with her DGF (aka Papa) and while he went to the bathroom, she rearranged the cards so she would win!

donnalynett 10-26-2010 08:33 PM

I had one heck of a time trying to explain to my granddaughter, age 6, what a record album was. We were at a restaurant that was decorated with the 50's style and they had records on the wall. I finally just told her it was like a great big CD. Love all these memories!

drgranny 10-26-2010 10:34 PM

You don't remember all that stuff! you don't look THAT old!
However, I DO remember all that stuff!