Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Taking pre-orders for snowballs! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/taking-pre-orders-snowballs-t260267.html)

RuthiesRetreat3 01-26-2015 02:20 PM

I wish all the trains with empty cargo carriers back east would load them all up with snow and bring them to central Texas or California to dump the load, then go back east for more. That would help the dry states and maybe lessen (ever so slightly) the floods the easterners are expecting with warm temps and all that snow melt.

meanmom 01-26-2015 05:03 PM

Hopefully you have enough fabric to keep you busy.

susie-susie-susie 01-26-2015 05:07 PM

Thanks for the offer of snow balls, but we have enough of our own. The little covering of snow on out driveway keeps melting and freezing. I think it's ready for ice skating now. Glad my car is in the garage!!! DH's truck is in the driveway, and I worry about him falling and breaking something. I fell last year and really bumped my head--gave me 2 black eyes, but no head injury and no broken bones--Just looked bad for a week or so. Don't want a repeat, so I think I will stay in the house. Stay safe and inside. That is a lot of snow to shovel. Please be careful.
Sue

craftymatt2 01-26-2015 05:34 PM

Oh my!!! Please keep all snow and snowballs your way.lol...We havent had much, I need to move to a much warmer climate. Everyone out east, please be careful, stay in and keep warm.

sailsablazin 01-26-2015 06:06 PM

Put all of those gorgeous quilts on top of and on the sides of and all over your freezers. We packed our freezer in sleeping bags the last time that we lost power for any time. DO NOT open it. The only thing that I lost were a few popsicles and we were without power for several days.

sweet 01-26-2015 06:37 PM

I'd like one small, one medium and one large please. Looking for my carrot and coal now......

IrishNY 01-26-2015 07:40 PM

I confess I'm jealous. I love the silence that descends on the world during a storm and the way the world comes to a halt. Once the snow is done falling, I will be thrilled that we were not affected, but today I wish I was up north. :)

nanacc 01-26-2015 07:54 PM

I just read some reports about the blizzard hitting all of you 'back East', as we say here. Please take care of yourselves and be careful!!!! Thank goodness the snow we had was an unusually calm with no wind...a rarity in the Texas panhandle! I hope all of you kept some of those quilts for your own warmth.

Nanny's dollface 01-27-2015 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954 (Post 7063516)
YES!! Believe it or not, I miss the snow. Will be in the 60's this week. I want to go home. All I need is hot chocolate, and a quilt.

Yes, I too pine for Massachusetts. Miss the snow and miss family. I remember the Blizzard of '78- was finishing my last semester in college while traveling on a community health nursing assignment. Took 4 hours to travel a 30 minute ride. As years passed by and more winter weather came its way, I remember walking 1 mile to get to work as a critical care/ trauma nurse in a blizzard. Those were the days.

lots2do 01-27-2015 12:11 PM

If there's an overwhelming demand for more snowballs, i have plenty of the ingredients here in NH as well. Our first snow day this school year. It's been very relaxing so far! Stay safe, everybody!