Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Tears of Happiness (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/tears-happiness-t36090.html)

thequilteddove 02-05-2010 01:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
My daughter is pregant; she's due mid July. Because she has had a child w/spina bifida, her chances of having another child w/sb is increased.

Yesterday she got the results of her blood test and she was told that she got a positive result for sb. She's already pretty distressed and this news only added to her concerns. She was also told that the placenta was too low & it was cause for concern...

Well today she was scheduled for her 3rd ultrasound. Knowing how distressed she's been feeling her hubby called the hospital & managed to get the head doctor, in what ever department that has to do w/sb. Fortunately this doctor was able to make it to my daughter's appointment. The doctor said that if she had not had a child w/sb b4, he would read the blood results as negative (the numbers were like 1 out 107,000). He also did the special ultra sound & did a through inspection of the baby.

Good news: The baby is p.u.r.f.e.c.t,
her placenta is where it's suppose to be, and
it's going to be a boy!

My daughter was so relieved & happy that she cried. When she sends me a picture of the ultrasound I'll post.

Here's a picture of Morgan, my grand daugher. She may not be able to walk, but she's p.u.r.f.e.c.t just the same :)

Morgan work'n hard to pedal her adaptive bike w/her hands (no help from her legs).
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32157[/ATTACH]

Morgan's 1s time bowling (now she does it from her wheel chair).
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32158[/ATTACH]

1st pony ride ("I don't need to ride the pony. I just need a hug. ).
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32159[/ATTACH]

dakotamaid 02-05-2010 01:45 PM

She is absolutely beautiful. Spina Bifida just mean that once in a while things need just a little adjustment here and there and oddles of love!

Jim's Gem 02-05-2010 01:58 PM

Your granddaughter is beautiful!!! I am so glad to hear that your grandson looks perfect on the ultrasound!!!
Now she can relax a little more and not be so worried and even enjoy the pregnancy!

redquilter 02-05-2010 02:05 PM

Wonderful, wonderful news. I'm very happy for your daughter. And by the way - Morgan is gorgeous!

Piedmont Quilter 02-05-2010 02:20 PM

Your granddaughter is beautiful and congrats on the healthy baby boy!!

bluebird 02-05-2010 02:32 PM

What a cutie she is and look at that determined look on her face, nothing is going to stop her :-D Glad that doctor did the exam and such so your daughter is reassured.

BKinCO 02-05-2010 02:37 PM

Congratulations! And Morgan is adorable!

Jingle 02-05-2010 02:37 PM

Your Morgan is a real cutie and sweetie. She will adapt to her abilties and just do things differently. Glad your Daughter got good news about her baby.

thequilteddove 02-05-2010 02:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a scan'n of my grand son 2 be! Scan isn't nearly as clear as the actual picture. He looks way cute in the actual picture - just like his dad!

It's A Boy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29973[/ATTACH]

Maride 02-05-2010 03:18 PM

Congratulations!!
Did she go to Burlington? I went there when I was told that my Emmanuel had Downs syndrome. The Dr was excellent and very understanding. After he did the test he said that he saw no sign of it, to go on and enjoy my pregnancy. I had a perfectly normal baby. They have some great Drs there and your daughter is in great hands.