Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Tell us what you're reading... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/tell-us-what-youre-reading-t220723.html)

JBeamer 05-05-2013 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer (Post 6044726)
I'm reading the General Chit-Chat forum on the Quilting Board :D:D:D:D (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

So funny! Got a good chuckle out of this.

sassey 05-05-2013 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by momto5 (Post 6046340)
David Baldacci is one of my favorite authors; another is Dan Brown, another favorite is Tim LaHaye, who wrote the Left Behind series and also a newer series about Revelations....scary! Based on the Bible, so I really wanted to read the series and see what they had to say about everything going on now and how they feel it all ties together...and I haven't been disappointed. And of course, I read the Bible....and the more I read, the more amazed I am. The Bible is my top choice for reading...and I try to read some of it daily. As a Christian, I feel that it is more than just a guide, but rather my life and my lifeline as well.

You are so right about the bible I read it everyday right now I am reading a bible based book that explains the bible in an easy way to understand then I read the same chapters in the niv bible has helped me to understand the bible better especially Revulations. I read a lot of fiction and non fiction as well. Alsoread this board everyday

Tothill 05-05-2013 04:13 PM

I read the first book in the Outlander series and really enjoyed it. I picked up the second on several times, but could not connect with it. The funny things is, my dh and ds are both the spitting image of Jamie. Tall men with curly red hair and brilliant blue eyes. In the summer I tend to read romance novels. I buy them for 25 cents each at the Lions Thrift Shop and donate them back when I am done. Sorry my enter key is not working on this website anymore. I generally read murder mysteries Elizabeth George, Anne Perry, Greg Isle, Ken Follet, and many more. I also read historical fiction. I am not sure which category Mary Renault's books fall under, but I have enjoyed the ones I have read.

trolleystation 05-05-2013 04:21 PM

Just finished Calico Joe. I enjooyed it. Am now reading The House on Olive Street by Robyn Carr. It is a story for women. Really getting to know the characters and the stories they have to tell.

solstice3 05-06-2013 03:31 AM

I read a lot...on and off. I am currently reading a series by Kathleen Fuller. I recently read The Joy Luck Club and The Book of Night Women. goodreads.com is a good way to see what others read and what they think of it. My taste in books varies but excludes the trashy romance novels.

glorcour 05-06-2013 03:58 AM

I have discovered a Norwegian author of mysteries that have been translated into English. His name is Jo Nesbo and he weaves a good tale. Also love to read Grisham and Baldacci. So many books, so little time and I love ebooks.

verushcke 05-06-2013 04:29 AM

Have just finished Michael Crawfords (Phantom of the opera) biography and loved it. Now back to reading Echoes by Maeve Binchy, have most of her novels, she portrays people in such a way one can really relate to. Sadly she passed away in 2012. Darlene

Krystyna 05-06-2013 04:49 AM

I'm reading the fifth book in the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency. I found the first one while browsing the sale books at the library and picked it up on a whim. Now I'm hooked!

LindaJR 05-06-2013 04:51 AM

I just finished a book named "Elvis has not left the building". Interesting concept on theory Elvis is alive, faked his death to get away from all the fame, had plastic surgery and became a private detective and this is about one of his cases. It was a good read, light hearted. I got it free for my Kindle.

janjj 05-06-2013 05:47 AM

My son got me started with books on tape giving me "To Kill a Mockingbird" at the time I was working as a courier and on the road 4-6 hours a day . I now get book on tape at the local library. I no longer work so listen to books much of the time when quilting as not much on TV. I 'listened to' Saturday Night Widows' - was not finished with it but sat down to watch the "Katie" tv show and her guests that day were the 6 women from the book. What a coincidence!
Have read Jennifer Chevalier series and loved them. Now reading the 'Cape Light" series by Thomas KinKade. So sad - he has passed away. I love his paintings also.