Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Temperature is dropping fast! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/temperature-dropping-fast-t82624.html)

suezquilts 12-13-2010 07:42 PM

It was -9 when we started to go to our GD Christmas
Concert, shes 5.
5 miles from home our 08 Vue slowed nearly to a crawl.
-15 by the time we got 9 miles to take it to check it out.
85 yr old neighbor came to pick us up in an old truck.

They gave us a 2011 car to drive home, I wouldn't have called him if I knew that.
love WI winters... NOT

Mrs B 12-14-2010 01:40 AM

Here is South Australia it will go down to 17 tonight. 17 degrees Celsius that is which is 62.6F. Our temp today was 95 and tomorrow will be 75, just having a bit of a cool change tonight.

sewTinker 12-14-2010 02:11 AM

brrr... 10* here this morning... snow still on ground, roads icy. my sympathies to the folks who have to go to work!

watterstide 12-14-2010 03:08 AM

My daughter lives in Hollywood,fl
she is freezing! (coming home to michigans sub zero temps for Christmas!) yippee

Mary O 12-14-2010 03:16 AM

Stoked the fire and having 2nd cup of coffee and thinking I better not venture out today. MINUS 8 at 5am.Wiscosin..

Edie 12-14-2010 03:50 AM

Good Morning; It is -7* in St. Paul. I think our furnace went out. My hands won't warm up. And I haven't heard it come on. Good Grief, Charlie Brown, that's all we need. And it is going to start snowing again tomorrow and Thursday. We just got out of our second snow emergency in as many days and I have to get out there and shovel out the carriage walk before it becomes solid ice. One good thing, we got our Christmas tree yesterday. It is a beautiful Fraser. Did you know Fraser firs are expensive and getting more and more expensive every year. I told #1 husband it was fine - it is his favorite - because God only knows how many more real trees we can go out in the cold and pick out, load into the car, drag it down in the basement and let it get nice and perky. So we will enjoy the smell, which is wafting its way into the main floor (we only have a basement and a main floor - it isn't even a main floor - it's the only floor!), but it smells so beautiful. Have a good day, keep warm, and I gotta check and see if I have to call and have someone come out because the furnace isn't working. Edie

Edie 12-14-2010 03:50 AM

Good Morning; It is -7* in St. Paul. I think our furnace went out. My hands won't warm up. And I haven't heard it come on. Good Grief, Charlie Brown, that's all we need. And it is going to start snowing again tomorrow and Thursday. We just got out of our second snow emergency in as many days and I have to get out there and shovel out the carriage walk before it becomes solid ice. One good thing, we got our Christmas tree yesterday. It is a beautiful Fraser. Did you know Fraser firs are expensive and getting more and more expensive every year. I told #1 husband it was fine - it is his favorite - because God only knows how many more real trees we can go out in the cold and pick out, load into the car, drag it down in the basement and let it get nice and perky to bring upstairs and decorate it. So we will enjoy the smell, which is wafting its way into the main floor (we only have a basement and a main floor - it isn't even a main floor - it's the only floor!), but it smells so beautiful. Have a good day, keep warm, and I gotta check and see if I have to call and have someone come out because the furnace isn't working. Edie

CarrieAnne 12-14-2010 04:41 AM

Schools were cloed here yesterday, many roads arent open because of drifting snow. Wind chills are down to 15 below at night. BBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

suezquilts 12-14-2010 05:22 AM

-25 this morning in Sparta WI
only 20 below here.
We have an outside woodstove and I'm so glad I don't have to take care of it.

damaquilts 12-14-2010 05:40 AM

23 and windy in Virginia beach. Staying in and refinishing a dresser.Andy is not getting a walk this morning. But I looked and its only 15 in Fairburn Ga where I just moved from. Both are WAY too cold for me.