Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Texas Quilters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/texas-quilters-t38902.html)

Quiltin Grammy 06-09-2010 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by HapaMom

Originally Posted by Quiltin Grammy
I'm from Stratford - as far north as you can get in Texas.

Grammy, is that the same Stratford that's up by the Colorado border??? :-o If so, yes, that's about as north as you can get w/o crossing the border wow!

Yes, that's the same Stratford. 20 miles from Oklahoma line and not very far from the New Mexico line.

1quilt_gma 06-09-2010 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by ctsgjs

Originally Posted by GrandmaLou
South of Sherman

Hi. How far south of Sherman? My husband is from Howe.

We live in Rogers, just east of Temple.

I know someone from Rogers....related to my DIL...I'm 13 miles west of Franklin in the country. That's about 50 miles N of B/CS

HapaMom 06-09-2010 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by HapaMom

I'm from Stratford - as far north as you can get in Texas.

Grammy, is that the same Stratford that's up by the Colorado border??? :-o If so, yes, that's about as north as you can get w/o crossing the border wow!

Yes, that's the same Stratford. 20 miles from Oklahoma line and not very far from the New Mexico line.

WOW! That's way up there! *waving*

neoma 06-12-2010 01:58 PM

Quilt Show in Nacodoches was awesome.Did not take camera out of purse,shame on me!If you have never been there you need to take a trip to The Oldest Town In Texas.A sight to behold!QS in town is a part of The East Texas Shop which will be held July 14 and 17.pm me for more info...neoma

texas granny 06-12-2010 02:08 PM

Dallas show is in March Houston is in the first weekend of Nov or last of Oct. I live east of Austin 40 miles

HapaMom 06-12-2010 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by neoma
Quilt Show in Nacodoches was awesome.Did not take camera out of purse,shame on me!If you have never been there you need to take a trip to The Oldest Town In Texas.A sight to behold!QS in town is a part of The East Texas Shop which will be held July 14 and 17.pm me for more info...neoma

Okay, Neoma, you were about to be fired for not taking pics but you've redeemed yourself w/another quilt show, I'll go to that one and take my own pics, if I don't get kicked out for drooling all over every quilt! :lol:

MissyGirl 06-12-2010 02:17 PM

Howdy! I am a Texas transplant and I live in Rapid City SD now but I was born in Dallas and raised in Richardson. In July I will be in the Richardson/Plano area.

trueimage 06-12-2010 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by renee765
San Antonio

Me too! Howdy neighbor!

trueimage 06-12-2010 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by menglann
Wichita Falls, Tx

That's my hometown! I'm in San Antonio now.

cherryberry 07-16-2010 04:28 AM

Hey, I'm headed for the quilt show in Midlothian TX today, Fri July 16th. I'm wearing a black ruffled- front blouse and a black and white skirt. Would love to meet anyone from this site. If you see me, please say hello and if i recognize any of your pics, I will do the same. Naome, DJ, and Bobbin Winder, are any of you going?