Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Texas Quilters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/texas-quilters-t38902.html)

neoma 06-08-2010 11:52 AM

I plan to along with two other Board Members in my area to the show in Nacodoches on Friday.I sure would like for someone to plan a meet,sounds like fun.I am in Fairfield and know four members close by that would like the same...Now who said they would get this going huummmm.neoma

Quiltin Grammy 06-08-2010 12:36 PM

I'm from Stratford - as far north as you can get in Texas.

reach for the stars 2 06-08-2010 01:17 PM

I'm from Illinois.

HapaMom 06-08-2010 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by neoma
I plan to along with two other Board Members in my area to the show in Nacodoches on Friday.I sure would like for someone to plan a meet,sounds like fun.I am in Fairfield and know four members close by that would like the same...Now who said they would get this going huummmm.neoma

Oooooohhhh :mrgreen: SO green w/envy! lol! Love your name, Neoma, my grandmother's sister was named Nioma, so pretty :D Well, PULEEEEEZE take pics for me coz I can't go. When's the next quilting show and when do the retreats start, I plan to go, especially if it has cooled off, I think I have been set to broil up here on the Lake!!!

Yes, someone plan the get-together I want to meet as many of you as I can!
:D

HapaMom 06-08-2010 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltin Grammy
I'm from Stratford - as far north as you can get in Texas.

Grammy, is that the same Stratford that's up by the Colorado border??? :-o If so, yes, that's about as north as you can get w/o crossing the border wow!

HapaMom 06-08-2010 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by reach for the stars 2
I'm from Illinois.

LoL! Yes you are and I LOVE your avatar pic! Wish I were in Illinois where it's cool ... *sigh* :roll:

Okay, back to my projects for a while, check on you gals a little later! :D

debbieumphress 06-08-2010 06:52 PM

TerriM in ROundrock...please send me some donuts......love them. I have a picture of me and hubby standing by the Big rock. My DIL and lived in Austin a while. Nice to see you on the board.

Suzanne57 06-08-2010 07:09 PM

Just found this thread. I live in Rhome, just north of Fort Worth. The town is so big we don't even have traffic lights. Would love to meet other quilters.

Linda B 06-08-2010 09:38 PM

It's great to hear all of ya'll from Texas. I was born and raised in Wichita Falls, spent a couple of years in Lubbock, another 2 or 3 in Garland/Dallas. Have been in Knoxville, TN since 1973. I still have family in the Dallas area and in Wichita Falls, but we don't get out that way very often. Sometimes I still get homesick for the wide open skies, the mesquite trees, and the great pecans among many other things.

HapaMom 06-08-2010 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Linda B
It's great to hear all of ya'll from Texas. I was born and raised in Wichita Falls, spent a couple of years in Lubbock, another 2 or 3 in Garland/Dallas. Have been in Knoxville, TN since 1973. I still have family in the Dallas area and in Wichita Falls, but we don't get out that way very often. Sometimes I still get homesick for the wide open skies, the mesquite trees, and the great pecans among many other things.

I LOVE Knoxville! My ex and his family are from there, his father still lives there, his mother passed two years ago and my kiddos still go 2x/year to for the family reunion. I LOVE the smokies *sigh*