Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Are there towns/states you would never live in? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/there-towns-states-you-would-never-live-t26721.html)

amma 10-12-2009 08:45 AM

I always said I would NEVER live anywhere where there are tornadoes, ever again9I lived in NE for almost 3 years)...but here in WA we are having more of them all of the time... :roll: :shock: :roll: but I don't think that I am ready for a move, quite yet :wink:

rivka 10-12-2009 09:06 AM

Michigan. I was raised there, and I would never go back except for the occasional visit. It's just too economically depressed, and too cold!

Boston1954 10-12-2009 09:54 AM

California. Not the people. Not the terrain. but the Earthquakes.
Florida. Mosquitos and Alligators.
Alaska. Dark for 6 months at a time.

On the other hand.........if someone said that I would be going to Connecticut tomorrow.....I could be packed in 6 hours. Or if I had money I would LOVE Manhattan, New York. Fascinated with the Big Apple.

Knot Sew 10-12-2009 10:23 AM

I would stay away from areas with snakes and stuff that eats people. I love the senic usa Every state has some perfect places :wink: :D

Hunnib 10-12-2009 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
I would not be thrilled about moving anywhere colder than Illinois. It is plenty cold for me. I start whining in October and don't stop until May. Other than that, I'm flexible.

If you want to pick a spot I'd love to move to, I'm voting for North Carolina. Specifically the Wilmington - Carolina Beach area. It is my absolute favorite place ever.

It is a nice area, isn't it...I'm 15 minutes from Carolina Beach in one direction, 15 minutes to Wrightsville Beach in another direction and a little over an hour from Myrtle Beach in another. I love it here although I posted that I would love to move to Savannah, GA...mainly because Savannah is just so beautiful and closer to my son's family.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 10-12-2009 06:49 PM

Hunnib, My brother-in-law is a professor at UNC-Wilmington. One of these days I plan to sneak into his guest room and never leave. :D

Hunnib 10-12-2009 07:28 PM

LOL! That's so funny...I'm sure he wouldn't mind. When you live at the beach you get use to a lot of company. You'll have to give me a shout the next time you visit. We put our boat in the water at the Carolina Beach Wildlife ramp just under the big bridge. My husband nor I do well in cold weather so we love it here.

GMA 10-12-2009 08:52 PM

where did u live in Wisc? feel bad u would never live in wisc again - but is probably the snow and not the people

mochasue 10-15-2009 10:55 AM

I hate florida.

kluedesigns 10-15-2009 11:02 AM

i'll make my list easy since i'd only live in 2 places "full time"

NY and California - sorry to the other 48 states but they are not for me.

DH and i have been keeping a list and so far we've been to 43 of the 50 states.