Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Things that make you go "Hmmmmm" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/things-make-you-go-%22hmmmmm%22-t31166.html)

sandpat 12-08-2009 04:26 PM

Hmmmm Pam...I would probably have been hurt initially...then mad...then I thought..are you the only one who got one? At this point....just say what the heck...enjoy the free cookbook or pass it along to someone else who might want it..of course...offering it in a very nice way.... :wink:

BTW...I've heard they have some really great recipes!

redrummy 12-08-2009 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
I was sitting at my desk this morning, minding my own business, when there was an inter-office envelope dropped off addressed to me with no sender.

I open it and it's a Weight Watchers cookbook.

:?

I'm pretty quiet and shy and I know I haven't talked to anyone about losing weight other than a male co-worker that I've worked with for 16 years. I know it wasn't him.

It might have not been done because of weight, I have receieved calenders before, and it was just that. Someone sharing a calendar.

pittsburgpam 12-08-2009 04:36 PM

I'm not going to stress about it. I looked through it and lots of things look really good. I will assume that it was given with good intentions by someone who thought I would like it.

After all, I DO need to lose a few pounds. Isn't living well the best revenge? :twisted:

pittsburgpam 12-08-2009 06:14 PM

I got one idea from looking through the book. There was some ham kabobs, didn't read the recipe but it has sweet potatoes. I don't have or like sweet potatoes but I have a big ham I was going to cook.

I cut a thick slab off the ham, cut it into big cubes, and put it on skewers with pinapple and red bell pepper chunks. Put it under the broiler and at the last put a little cherry ham glaze on it. Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm.

Lostn51 12-08-2009 06:20 PM

Hey the way I would look at it is that I got a free cook book.

But me being me, I would find out who did it and punch them in the mouth for being a smart ass!! :mrgreen:

Billy

Esqmommy 12-08-2009 06:59 PM

Having met you in person, I can't even imagine why someone would do such a thing with a bad intention. You are a very pretty, lovely woman. You do not need to lose weight, and you are so sweet. I can only imagine that it was sent to you as a nice gesture, not as a "hint". Were you talking about cooking maybe? Or is there a recipe exchange coming up?

Chele 12-08-2009 07:04 PM

Yum! The ham kabobs sound awesome. You have already turned this into something positive which says a lot about you as a person. And a free cookbook is always good!

b.zang 12-08-2009 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam

Originally Posted by Maribeth
Pam, maybe this was an idea floated at WW meetings because I had a WW cook book left on my desk a little while ago as well. I have to admit it was a little insulting, but they really are good recipes and you got the book for free, while others are paying $20 for it.

That's strange. Is it some type of campaign?? There are weekly WW meetings here that about a dozen people go to (I've seen them in a conference room). I've never had anything to do with it and don't hang out with the people who go to them.

And here you thought being quiet and shy meant you weren't noticed. Someone noticed you!
You have a place to start, if you want to thank the giver, by contacting whoever leads the weekly WW meetings.

I can think of things I'd rather get anonymously...... :wink:

OHSue 12-08-2009 07:36 PM

I would use the office copier to copy any recipes I would like to make and then leave it laying around in the break room, no need to mention who left it in the break room. Or better yet, leave it setting in the bathroom.
Only you and the person who gave it to you will know where it came from.

ctmhjenn 12-08-2009 08:25 PM

I still like the idea of tearing out pages and putting one on each desk, saying I just couldn'tstand it, I had to share. I do feel whomever did this is VERY insensitive. What a meanie