Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Tide Pods (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/tide-pods-t183846.html)

jackiemc 03-24-2012 05:13 AM

Tide Pods

Has anyone used those new Tide Pods? How many are in a pack and are they expensive. I use powdered Arm and Hammer and now they have a similar product. Thanks

donnajean 03-24-2012 05:17 AM

I stick to the liquid detergent as I think it takes too long for the pods to disolve & could get stuck in a piece of clothing. Also, I can't see spending the extra $. I also use the liquid to poor on more heavily soiled areas of clothing when adding to washer.

BMP 03-24-2012 05:18 AM

ALL Tide products are expensive. They come in a few different numbers to a container .....I have a front loader and those types of detergants dont seem to dissolve if they get caught up into a piece of clothing. I like liquid best !

ptquilts 03-24-2012 05:26 AM

Let's see, Tide is already so expensive thieves are stealing it to sell on the black market - and now with the "added convenience" of a pod, I'm sure it is beyond my price range!!

ETA - I just checked on Amazon and it seems to be about 33 cents a wash - regular Tide liquid is about the same.

yngldy 03-24-2012 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts (Post 5086586)
Let's see, Tide is already so expensive thieves are stealing it to sell on the black market - and now with the "added convenience" of a pod, I'm sure it is beyond my price range!!

ETA - I just checked on Amazon and it seems to be about 33 cents a wash - regular Tide liquid is about the same.

I saw that on the news the other day! Could you imagine someone coming up to you on the street, opening their coat, and asking if you want to buy some tide, cheap?!

NancyG 03-24-2012 09:09 AM

Costco has them 90 in a container for $19.99. I was tempted to try them out, but opted for a liquid detergent for a lot less $$ that does a pretty good job cleaning laundry. I'm going to wait for a coupon and then try them.

jbud2 03-24-2012 12:38 PM

years ago, one of the detergent was available in compressed 'cakes". They were pricey too but I liked to take them on our ski trips when our rooms were in condos where a washer and dryer was part of the package. They didn't take up much room in our luggage or I could stuff them in my ski boots, and didn't have to worry about spilled liquids. I did some wash before we left and didn't have to do it when we got home!

nativetexan 03-24-2012 01:03 PM

wait awhile, they will probably be sold on the street corner!

ragquilter 03-24-2012 01:52 PM

I don't use the Tide ones as Tide breaks almost everyone in the house out. I am using a bag of the Arm and Hammer ones that I bought at Dollar General for $7 for a 50 pack. I really like them, clothes are clean and I haven't found any signs of undissolved detergent. I really like them because of arm problems, not heavy like liquid.

marilynr 03-24-2012 02:47 PM

"Good Housekeeping" magazine, April 2012 issue, page 119, has a very informative page on Clean Laundry,
comparing Tide to several other brands. Tide tested best on heavily soiled test loads, but there are other brands
that do very good jobs for less money.