Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Time spent here on the QB...Are you guilty too? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/time-spent-here-qb-you-guilty-too-t133217.html)

ljptexas 08-16-2011 08:44 AM

Nope!! Not alone. Spend wayyyy toooo much time just lurking...

:thumbup: :thumbup:

RatherB Quilting 08-16-2011 08:44 AM

I have gotten so bad. Used to be I would check it multiple times a day whether at home or at work. Then it moved to if I was home, it was usually open on my desktop. Now it's gotten so bad that I am constantly on it on my smartphone. No kidding...when I am nursing my baby, I am checking the board. When I am a passenger in a car, I am checking the board. When I am waiting in the doc's office, yep, I am checking the board.
Heck...the baby is sleeping and so I should be too...am I? Nope, checking the board.

MisDixie 08-16-2011 09:02 AM

I once posted that I was going to change my location to 'on the computer checking the quilt board'.

Kappy 08-16-2011 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Just-Lee
Is it just me, or do others spend more time reading on here than actually quilting/ sewing? I am on here at least 3 times a day, spending a few hours in the morning "catching up on the latest"! I can't get anything else done..perhaps I should ground myself? No, then I might miss something wonderful that I need to add to my to-do list. Woe is me..hehe

Just thought I would see if I am the only addict :)

Oh the quilts I could have made...with the time I've spent on here! But, I wouldn't trade a minute of it. I live in a pretty rural area and this is how I get to see what's going on in "quiltland"! There are so many talented quilters on this board and they are all willing to share. If I only put to use a fraction of the things I've learned, it will be time well spent!

blueangel 08-18-2011 07:08 PM

Join the crowd

Honeynga 08-19-2011 04:34 AM

No you are not alone on the QB for hours ! I naturally wake up early every day and can't start sewing until daylight, or that is my excuse. I get on my laptop; check e mail, facebook and then go to QB. Before I know it I've been here 2 hours or more.

Since I'm retired I always think that I have a lot of time and will get around to projects later. I have been making myself a list each day of things to accomplish.

Today, I plan to go to Joann's to take part in their sale that is only Fri, Sat & Sun....not that I NEED anything.

Actually one of my excuses for going to JA is to get some thread to do some alterations on a dress for a friend.

Then, I'm going to finish stitching my log cabin blocks together; spent most of last evening REMOVING stitches so hopefully I can pay enough attention to what I'm doing to put them together correctly. Also, plan to cut border, starch and press.

THEN, (does this sound good or what); will work on baby blanket for niece whose shower is next Sat.....

Have a couple of UFO's to spend some time on; have a few projects waiting in the wings to cut....which always makes me nervous !

During my free time I have to plan on moving strategy.....my apt has mold and my landlord is refurbishing another apt to move me into sometime in the next few weeks....