Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Tips of Fingers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/tips-fingers-t97997.html)

Yankee in Texas 02-09-2011 08:08 PM

Udder cream is very good, and I use silcone glove hand cream from Avon. I like it because it is absorbed quickly so I can get back to doing some hand work quickly.

BeckiQuilts 02-09-2011 09:14 PM

Years ago,my Mom was bedridden with terribly dry legs , heels, and elbows. The visiting nurse had me to buy a one pound can of Crisco, just for her. She would message it in, and then cover with cotton socks, and gloves. My Mother had the softest hands and feet in the family. She even tried it on her forehead when a dry attack hit.

Gramie bj 02-09-2011 10:01 PM

BAG BALM YOUR HANDS PUT ON RUBBER GLOVES AND DO DISHES BY HAND WITH VERY HOT WATER. AT NIGHT WORK IN BALM AND WEAR COTTON GLOVES TO BED. BOTH WORK GREAT.

Tropical 02-09-2011 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by stewyscrewy
DR told me to get Aquaphor from walmart. it is like petrolium helly but much better. I had some sort of sciriousis or something on my hands and he told me to buy that and within a month my hands healed and had no sore spots or cracks. to this day I dont have the usual winter finger cracks. I swear by this stuff...

My dermotoligist told me to use Aquaphor on my lips becaause I'm allergic to all other lip balms. It is a Eucerin product. We use Eucerin Original for our hands and feet. It works great. One of the best creams for sunburn is Eucerin Original. It instantly stops the burn, heals it within a few days and there is no itching or peeling as the sunburn heals. If you use a lot, it can be messy, but so worth a little mess.

chuckbere15 02-09-2011 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
When your hands are real dry, use fine sand paper, then use Hoof Maker..And I'm not kidding about this. I learned about this many years ago and am still using it, especially after a day out back in the yard. Soak in warm water and soap, rinse, almost dry, and then slop on Hoof Maker. It'll make your hands soft and smooth.

I would ask a dermatologist first before using sand paper on you skin. Dr. Oz mention that during a pedicure you should never use anything that scraps off the skin. It could lead to infections.

When my hands are really bad, I use vasoline and put gloves on, cotton of corse. Or get vitamin E oil with the gloves. Work like a charm

madamekelly 02-09-2011 11:45 PM

I cured my eczema on my hands by trading me folding clothes, for DH doing dishes. No more 'hamburger hands'. I also use thick baby oil (used to be called 'baby cream').

Mamia 02-10-2011 05:51 AM

Try bag balm. It's in a green can at your drugstore. It doesn't smell very good but I put hand cream over it. Grease at first but soaks in. My hands are so much smoother and I rub it into my nail beds, no more hang nails and my nails have started to grow again. Hope this helps.

Julianna 02-10-2011 03:02 PM

Just read an awful magazine at the doctors office.......they had a very limited choice.....(next time I'll bring a book)......anyway this was tell-all Hollywood scandals.......put it away after one article ........but I read the very expensive "Cream C" the actresses use has an interesting main ingredient........can you guess.......Crisco!

alikat110 02-10-2011 03:30 PM

i really like the stuff they sell "as seen on TV" - Heeltastick. this stuff is really great. we use it on dry hands, chapped lips and cheeks, and our heels (use a separate one for the heels!!!)

Minnisewta 02-10-2011 04:33 PM

I put Cruel lotion on my hands EVERYTIME they touch water. My hands are never dry.