Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Tired of carping! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/tired-carping-t155477.html)

nabobw 09-25-2011 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
you posted a thread complaining... about COMPLAINING??!!

The nice thing about this site is if one has a problem and post it the other people have the option not to read it. There is not that much complaining and telling about a bad day where ever is not always complaining.

orangeroom 09-25-2011 04:55 AM

I actually thought you were going to talk about fishing with your fingers. Isn't that carping too?

I understand your post. Yes, a lot of people vent here. There are those who do say 'Woo-hoo!'

Those who get wind falls of fabric and those who find wonderful bargains at thrift stores or garage sales. Also those who completed projects!

You can always steer clear of the topics that seem to be complaining and stick to the pictures or the introduction topics!

Your world is what you make of it, you can choose to live in a bubble world, like I do! It's great where I live! Join me!

luana 09-25-2011 05:00 AM

I have read all of the comments posted, and listened with an open heart - that's what friends do. Thank you, friends.

snow 09-25-2011 05:01 AM

I Do Not find this board neg. at all it is very helpful and interesting you can find out just about anything including free patterings. I am so glad i found this board also the complaing is not neg. it has helped me a lot to know what to buy and what to stay clear of. Has saved me a lot of heart ache. :thumbup:

auniqueview 09-25-2011 05:01 AM

If I find there is too much of the same complain in a thread...I move on. Suggest that if there is one that annoys you, try that next time.

Having said that, I have to say that I have learned a lot from the COMPLAINTS, lol. I woke the dh up early yesterday, and we went out to the garage to unearth a cedar chest out from under literally PILES of containers, boxes, the extra microwave, tools, from behind the dry sink...a true excavation....so I could pick up some of the stash/general sewing overflow. So nice to get stuff up off the floor. YAY.

After all the COMPLAINTS about the shortages on fabric cuts, I measured some of the pieces as I sorted them out and moved them from place to place. Yes, I did find that I had been shorted a couple inches on some of them. But then, I discovered that more of them had extra inches.

I also cleaned up my threads. Boy, are some of them old...too old to use to sew with....so old, they are on wooden spools. YAY. I will clean the thread up a tad and design something for my sewing area. No complaint about it being too old here.

I didn't post on the thread about getting shorted on cut fabrics, because when it really counts, I watch them cut mine, and hey....I may not be the experienced quilter, but I CARRY A TAPE MEASURE, lol.

illinois 09-25-2011 05:11 AM

The QB is kinda like the tv--if you don't like what's on it, you don't have to watch the whole thing! Click on the next topic or unsubscribe.

Sometimes a person just needs to vent to someone/anyone who might understand.

glorcour 09-25-2011 05:11 AM

You are right. LAst night I sat beside a woman (a devout Christian)at a church corn roast. She had a negative comment about everyone and everything that went on at this fuction. Didn't like the food, the noisy children; she had aches and pains (don't we all?)I was so thankful when she decided to leave early so we could enjoy the rest of the evening. Where do these people come from?????

Mary T. 09-25-2011 05:13 AM

I didn't take this post as a negative. Are we getting paranoid too?

jackjenny 09-25-2011 05:15 AM

oh-oh..don't mess with our people on quilting board,,,
I want them on my side ,,I love it !!

Highmtn 09-25-2011 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
you posted a thread complaining... about COMPLAINING??!!

:shock: ↑ ↑ ↑ My sentiments exactly! What and Why?? :shock:

I think people come into boards/chat for different reasons. I do not see this board as negative at all. I've seen maybe a couple people venting, but thank God we still have freedom of speech.

If you are offended by certain posts by ALL MEANS just stop reading them. If you're offended by someone whining at church then just STEP away from them. Simple concept...