Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Tired of carping! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/tired-carping-t155477.html)

GizmoFan13577 09-24-2011 10:49 AM

Yesterday I was at a brand new Joann Fabric shop in Scarsdale, NY getting a piece of fabric cut. I was chatting with the lady that was cutting my fabric about how pretty her hair was. As I glanced down at the 3/8 yd of fabric she was cutting I noticed there wasn't a "pretty" selvage edge (collecting selvages for an upcoming quilt)on my piece, rather these markings started after my piece of fabric. When I said I wish I had purchased more so I could get that edge she immediately took back the piece she had cut and recut it to include the edge I wanted. I was shocked she would do something like that. She replied by saying, "what a fresh breath of air it is to wait on a nice customer for a change"!

SherriB 09-24-2011 10:51 AM

I thought it would be a post about carp fishing!!!! LOL!! DH likes fishing.

lee_stitches 09-24-2011 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by TxDiana
I'm so new at quilting I thought CARPING was a block ??? Now that's funny.. Anyway u look st it.

Now that's funny! lol

FroggyinTexas 09-24-2011 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Maribeth

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
you posted a thread complaining... about COMPLAINING??!!

:thumbup:

Yep! and knew in advance that it would probably get several responses just like this one. But I'll be it does make you think about it! froggyintexas

fabric_fancy 09-24-2011 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by sewwhat85

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
you posted a thread complaining... about COMPLAINING??!!

Yea i couldnt belive it
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ROTFLMAO!!!!

not to mention some one this morning just posting a lovely statement of devotion about her DH

ThayerRags 09-24-2011 11:05 AM

With the current drought going on now, I’d say it’s probably not easy being a froggy in Texas. I’m going to cut her some slack......

CD in Oklahoma

Deb watkins 09-24-2011 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy
The most wonderful thing about the QB is you can find almost anything you want . If you want to see beautiful quilts, they are aplenty. You want to hear a funny joke/story, they are here. You need to vent, you can. You need to see that you are not alone, because you did something stupid, you can find it here. This Board can be a real friend if you want it to be.

There are plenty of thread where people give kudos to others, and the moderators work very hard to keep out the ones that are ultra negative. And it was good for froggyintexas to vent also. This is a wonderful site and I am very thankful to all that participate.

I second these thoughts. Moderators work very hard at keeping this site safe for all of us to use, as we feel we need to at that given time. We do support each other in quilting endeavors, but also in times of stress, frustration, sadness. We rejoice in others achievements, and pray for those who are in need. All of us are truly threads that make up the entire fabric of this Quilting Board.

scowlkat 09-24-2011 11:10 AM

Well there are reasons for everything. Have you considered that maybe having this site as an outlet allows some folks to refrain from taking their frustration out on their loved ones or the clerk or whomever? It is my choice whether I continue reading the post or not so I have no problem with anyone's post! (Even yours!)

muddlingabout 09-24-2011 11:14 AM

I was looking to see an Oriental fabric with orange/gold fishies. Re: some peoples need to vent, etc.,it might be helpful to know that this may be their only forum to let off steam. Maybe noone at home will listen, or perhaps it is not safe to express themselves. Hope that their day/life gets better and that they will find beauty in the little things.

scrappy2 09-24-2011 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy
The most wonderful thing about the QB is you can find almost anything you want . If you want to see beautiful quilts, they are aplenty. You want to hear a funny joke/story, they are here. You need to vent, you can. You need to see that you are not alone, because you did something stupid, you can find it here. This Board can be a real friend if you want it to be.

There are plenty of thread where people give kudos to others, and the moderators work very hard to keep out the ones that are ultra negative. And it was good for froggyintexas to vent also. This is a wonderful site and I am very thankful to all that participate.

I second these thoughts. Moderators work very hard at keeping this site safe for all of us to use, as we feel we need to at that given time. We do support each other in quilting endeavors, but also in times of stress, frustration, sadness. We rejoice in others achievements, and pray for those who are in need. All of us are truly threads that make up the entire fabric of this Quilting Board.

When I click on this I didn't know what
carping was either, maybe a new quilting secret. Just tell you how much I know.
:oops:
But I do agree with the above comments, nicely said.