Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Tornadoes in North Carolina (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/tornadoes-north-carolina-t116750.html)

Edie 04-18-2011 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterChick
Sending out prayers to any and all affected by the devastation caused by the tornadoes in the triad area of NC these past few days, and all areas that were involved. If any of our quilters are/were in those areas, our thoughts go out to you.

I thought the exact same thing (sending prayers) when I heard of the devastation in NC. God Bless you all! Edie

tine 04-18-2011 03:39 AM

My cousin lives in Snow Hill N.C. and they lost EVERYTHING
they own. We went up to help them go through and see if we could find any personal items. When I saw it all I could do was cry. It was awful. They were in the house at the time and when it was over they were all that was left. Right where they sit down in the hall the wall they were up against was all that was left standing. They didn't get hurt. It even pulled the tile up out of the kitchen floor. He also lost his shop a truck was damaged and two cars.
tine

Moonglow 04-18-2011 03:43 AM

My prayers go out to all affected by the horrible storms.

Linn 04-18-2011 07:48 AM

My prayers go out to all esp them who lost loved ones.

pollym44 04-18-2011 08:37 AM

Prayers sent.

KLO 04-18-2011 09:32 AM

Someone from the QB (that would be you, libthekwltr) sent me a nice note of caring and nice thoughts (plus prayers if needed) because they saw that I lived in north central NC. Well, the good news is that although we got huge winds and rain, no damage or injuries just lots of branches down. The bad news is that almost two dozen people were killed and a number of houses were damaged or destroyed! And it wasn't in just one location but rather scattered around the different counties. Heard on the news this morning that NC is now on the top of the list for the number of tornadoes received. I hope never to see or hear one! Weather is scary sometimes and the worse part is that there is not a thing we can do about it .... except to try to be prepared just in case!!!

Airwick156 04-18-2011 09:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have family in Midway Park, North Carolina and they got hit. My cousins home was destroyed. No one was hurt Thank the Lord. My cousin and her kids and husband happened to be over at my Aunt and Uncles house when the tornado hit. So they will be staying there for awhile. They lived in a mobile home which is not a good thing. They should outlaw mobile homes in areas that are prone to hurricanes and tornados. I am really thankful that they are okay.

My cousins mobile home after the tornados hit.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185918[/ATTACH]

Pinklady 04-18-2011 09:38 AM

I live only less than 10 minute drive where on in Alamance county hit. We are 1 hour away from Raleigh where alot was also done there. Sat I was driving on a road only about 3 miles from the area in Alamance at the time it hit. Did not know it was in that area. Just drove in high winds and rain. It is scary now to think about it. But I was so blessed not to be in the middle of it.

MerryQuilter 04-18-2011 04:38 PM

Amen to that

BeeNana 04-18-2011 04:48 PM

Tonight’s news showed even more update of the destruction and loss. I pray for all in that area and other states that have been hit so hard. Watching the news video made me hold my breath.