Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Tornadoes in North Carolina (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/tornadoes-north-carolina-t116750.html)

mrspete 04-18-2011 07:40 PM

I am so hurt for these people, could have been me and mine. The 11 news tonight said not to move anything, leave everything right where it is so the adjusters can access it ALL. Just cover it. you want to recover your personal data and needs. gee, They'd be covering me, I'm sure. I just can't seem to get a grip. I sent Red Cross a little but a little is all I have and prayer, too. Boy, have I prayed.

maryparrish 04-18-2011 07:44 PM

My prayer is that God meets all the needs in NC. and the areas in the USA where homes and businesses were destroyed. My grandson is engaged to a girl from Colerain who lost three in her family. May Gods richest Blessings be on that family and all others who lost family, had family injured and all who lost homes.

heather1949 04-18-2011 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterChick
Sending out prayers to any and all affected by the devastation caused by the tornadoes in the triad area of NC these past few days, and all areas that were involved. If any of our quilters are/were in those areas, our thoughts go out to you.

:cry: You are in my prayers. :thumbup:

Robert w Bolt 04-19-2011 01:27 AM

can you tell me if Ruth& duane leonards moble homes were hit they live in midway park with my son alan shelman i can't get a hold of anyone on the phone, please repley or even call me if you could i'm so worried 570-549-2746 thank you so much god bless u all down there

Paisleyc 04-19-2011 04:33 AM

Didn't hear about Camp Legune--I am from Sanford and you can go to WRAL website and see what we got.

Lowes Hardware destroyed, Tractor Supply, and St. Andrew's Subdivision.

We really got hit.

Love and prayers to all that need it.

Carol from NC

Jammin' Jane 04-19-2011 09:42 AM

The destruction looks so horrible.
It is so sad to look at.
Prayers and hugs to all who need them!

Grandma Peg 04-19-2011 07:04 PM

Just unbelievable. Prayers and hugs.

3TreeFrog 04-20-2011 11:51 AM

Indeed, prayers go out to everyone affected.

TreeFrog

Tink's Mom 04-20-2011 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Robert w Bolt
can you tell me if Ruth& duane leonards moble homes were hit they live in midway park with my son alan shelman i can't get a hold of anyone on the phone, please repley or even call me if you could i'm so worried 570-549-2746 thank you so much god bless u all down there

Robert, for your safety please remove your phone # from your post. Just click on your post and hit edit and then remove the #. If you want to give your # to someone, do it in Private Messages. I'm sending you one so that you can see where they are. It will be highlighted at the top of the page, just click on it.
Hope your son and family are OK.
You could contact the city to do a well being check.