Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Towns or States Where I Would LOVE to Live! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/towns-states-where-i-would-love-live-t26952.html)

mochasue 10-15-2009 10:42 AM

I would live right where I do now - Central CA - near Pismo Beach. It doesn't get much better than here. I live about 10 minutes from the beach with a view of the mountains.

I'm half way between San Francisco and LA on the coast.

[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...Lane/007-3.jpg[/IMG]
Here's the view off of my deck.

Jim's Gem 10-15-2009 10:50 AM

Don't you just love those big old Live Oak trees?

It is very pretty up you way as well. I would move up there if there was a job for DH. I am not into the ciy (Los Angeles), but it would be fun to live in a smaller town!!!

sew_lulu 10-15-2009 11:45 AM

I'd love to be anywhere in California, from Central to Southern.

I'm currently in DC. Change in season is nice but miss the year round nice weather!

craftiladi 10-15-2009 04:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well this is a interesting question....cause i did just that about 2 yrs ago...Born & raised in calif. Lived in seattle for approx 12 yr came back to San diego calif. where I thought I was pretty darn happy running my own interior plant service business & managing apts. Then one by one my kids started moving out of Ca. so one day i said WHY am I still here working my rear off just to be able to live here...so I tried Las Vegas as thats where my youngest moved to....hated it...its very true nice place to visit but for someone who likes being outside its awful. I had already visited Ks. where my other daughter & grand girls live....pretty but no that wouldn't do either so one day i took a 2.5 hr drive from Las Vegas to Cedar City Ut and as someone else mentioned I instantly had that "I am home feeling" a yr later I moved here and love every minute of it. Now the only thing I would change is I would make a law that says your kids have to live close by...and I do miss having real friends close by..but i love the changing of the seasons, and Cedar is a small town and I like that...so I guess I am where I wanna be.
Yes this is worth repeating I used to say it to my girls all the time
There is wisdom in "Bloom where you are planted."
dee

alittle piece of my paradise-you r more then welcome to come join me.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]52883[/ATTACH]

QuiltMania 10-15-2009 05:03 PM

I'd like to live somewhere where I could have some land and 4 seasons. DH spent his early years on his grandmother's farm so I'd really love to have land especially for him. I have to have 4 defined seasons (I could never live in California again)

BTW -- for my fellow Michiganders -- do you truly know Michigan's 4 seasons? If not, here they are:

1. Almost winter
2. Winter
3. Still winter
4. Construction

littlehud 10-15-2009 05:30 PM

I would stay right where I am. I love the four seasons and this is home with nearly my whole family living here.

roselady 10-17-2009 09:12 AM

I hate, hate, hate, summer!! I live in inland central California where summer is 6-8 months long. 6 months of 90-100 degree weather, yuk. One month of beautiful fall, then comes winter, no its not super cold, but we get socked in with heavy wet fog, the kind where you can't see across the street, for 4 months. Then comes spring, for maybe a month, and we are again zapped by heat. I have never lived in snow but it sounds like heaven after months of searing heat. My husband retired last year and we do want to leave CA. We want to buy some land, it's too expensive here. We have visited Western North Carolina, how beautiful that was, and the finger lakes of New York, we loved it there too. Even though I love the "idea" of snow, I know that it isn't quite so wonderful as I picture it. So, HELP, all of you who live in the "perfect" place!!!

Maksi 10-17-2009 12:14 PM

I would live anywere , but I don't want to live were is war or cold winters. I hate cold and snow...

Edie 10-17-2009 01:15 PM

Check out Minnesota. We are a friendly state. We have all four seasons - marvelous springs, sultry summers, beautiful autumns and bone chilling winters (but not too bad the last few years). We are known for our Minnesota Nice, which we are and the cost of living is pretty darn good. Good bargains around here! We, too, are retired, at least my husband is, since 1993 - we wives never retire - and enjoy our state. The lakes up north, Ely, Silver Bay, Lake Mille Lacs. Too many to mention - 10,000 of them, you know!~ Actually, there are more than 10,000! Not to mention the famous LUTEFISK!Please to google Lutefisk Lament. It is one of the funniest things I have ever heard. It is very popular during the holiday season. Thank you for letting me brag about my state of Minnesota. Edie