Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Traveling in Ohio-where should we visit? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/traveling-ohio-where-should-we-visit-t247840.html)

granny64 06-04-2014 05:39 AM

Go to Hartsville, OH and eat at the Amish cafeteria and visit the largest hardware store in North America. There is a house built inside. It's not too far from the Football Hall of Fame. There's also a big antique store off the interstate.

michelleoc 06-04-2014 05:57 AM

Holmes County, definitely. That is where I had mashed potatoes, noodles, chicken and gravy for the first time....oh my goodness gracious!

skaduzy 06-04-2014 12:29 PM

Cottonpickers Quilt Shop in Chardon and not too far from Geneva. Ohio City in Cleveland has the Westside Market which is fun to visit........... Also has nice little restaurants. Visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and you will also see beautiful Lake Erie. Chagrin Falls, of course. ......... A touch of New England in northeast Ohio! And you can see our waterfalls and visit any of the little shops, eat at Dave's Cosmic Subs and have a real experience. Enjoy our state where the weather changes every hour. Also Olmsted Falls has, I think , Pacific or Union Junction.....neat tearoom called Clementines, Abigayles Quiltery and other little shops. Cedar Point if you are not too old for roller coasters. It has gotten pricey but is fun to walk around in the evening.

skothing 06-04-2014 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by KyKaren1949 (Post 6743939)
We've been to Berlin, OH and absolutely loved it. There are a couple of nice quilt shops there-Helping Hands is in downtown Berlin, Keim Lumber, Boyd and Wurthman Café, Swiss Valley Furniture, Walnut Creek Amish Flea Market, Kaufmann Country Bakery and a leisurely drive through the countryside to see all the Amish farms is wonderful. Loved the Amish cheese shops and their bulk food stores too.

Dont miss Zinks

meanmom 06-04-2014 03:23 PM

Fabric Shack is in southern Ohio. Nearby is Caesars creek state park. Waynesville is a cute little town with antique shops.

Teacup 06-04-2014 05:06 PM

OK, I'm an Ohio native, from the NE corner of the state. Many of these places I've never seen, and some I others not since childhood. You all are making me want to go "home" and explore again. Most of my trips for the past 30 years have been quick ones with only time to see family. Not much family left there anymore...

Treasureit 06-04-2014 05:22 PM

Football Hall of Fame in Canton. And the building built like a picnic basket...Can't think of it right now. Longaberger...that is it...near Dresden

Treasureit 06-04-2014 05:23 PM

Reading all these makes me want to go back to Ohio for a week or two!

milikaa1 06-04-2014 06:40 PM

Football Hall of Fame :), just my two cents.....

dmnorden 06-04-2014 06:59 PM

If you go to Hartville, be sure to go to Maize Valley Winery. Good food and wine, always something going on. Hartville has lots of interesting shops and a flea market.