Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Trip to Colorado - lots of quilts and fabric, and one poor experience (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/trip-colorado-lots-quilts-fabric-one-poor-experience-t191568.html)

annesthreads 06-13-2012 11:24 AM

Such sweet responses. I can't stress enough that this was my only negative experience in a LOT of shopping. And any of you would have experienced far worse in the UK. My friend and I were bowled over by the quality and friendliness of the service we received in all but this one shop, in huge contrast to what we're used to.

annesthreads 06-13-2012 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 5284254)
So glad that 90% of your trip was wonderful.

99%. At least.

annesthreads 06-13-2012 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Debbie C (Post 5284572)
One of my dearest, lifelong friends is a Brit. He's been in this country since 1975. I've met many of his visitors from the UK over the past 37 years and those experiences have enlightened me to the joy of having friends around the globe. I want to personally apologize for the rude behaviour of that person in Boulder. I am appalled by the treatment you received and if I were you, I'd write to that store and explain why you will never set foot in there again. Come to New York! We're much more friendly!!

I was going to write, but they don't have an email address, and I'm not sure I want to waste the money a stamp would cost....

annesthreads 06-13-2012 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Debbie C (Post 5284572)
Come to New York! We're much more friendly!!

...and I'd LOVE to come to New York! One of my dream destinations.

annesthreads 06-13-2012 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by annthreecats (Post 5286321)
Annesthreads, thank you for coming to visit our country. So sorry you had a bad shopping experience. Just know that you weren't ignored because you were a visitor, they do that to the locals as well. I have walked out of several stores and a couple of restaurants after being ignored by staff. I just figure they do not want or need my money and I'll happily spend it elsewhere.

just one experience, totally outweighed by many, many good ones.

kapatt 06-13-2012 01:23 PM

I've ran into that type of attitude a time or two (not very often). It has happened when I was in a good mood so I ended up staying and not walking out....but I'm usually not that patient. I'm glad that the rest of your trip wored out well. :-)

Friday1961 06-14-2012 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltngolfer (Post 5284136)
I'm so sorry you had a bad experience there. Hopefully the items you purchased were worth the wait. It is so sad the way some folks are just not polite anymore.

I had a similar experience in Hobby Lobby yesterday. What amazes me: with so many people out of work, why are there are so many rude/bad employees? Fire the bad ones and hire some new ones!

hybearn8er 06-14-2012 04:33 AM

If it was Harriets,it is normal for them.I don't shop there anymore. If you come again, I must reccomend The Hen house in Idaho Springs!! Linda is the sweetest person and all her help love to help you any way they can! Sorry you had to endure the poor service!

SunlitenSmiles 06-14-2012 04:49 AM

Oh, my hope it was not the one across the street from the Quilt Museum in Bolder......I reccommended that one because when I visited there (5yr.ago) the owner was the only one there and she was wonderful. I remember a huge Millineum quilting machine and on the wall, a Jackie Robinson 'Fuschia' quilt.....the printed border fabric and all the conpanion prints.

Sad that you had such a sorry excuse for 'help' at one store.......there is one grocery store here that is like that , they always seem to be arguing about union problems and only even look at you when they say paper or plastic ( even though my reusable bags are right there in the cart ) I drive the extra mile to a friendly store, now.

Hope you come to visit again soon and experience 100% smiles !!!!!!

SunlitenSmiles 06-14-2012 04:51 AM

wonder if it might be a good idea for you to tell us the name of the store......if I were the owner I would want to know and do some retraining.