Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   A trip to NYC I wasn't planning on (Picture heavy) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/trip-nyc-i-wasnt-planning-picture-heavy-t79340.html)

IBQUILTIN 11-29-2010 07:48 PM

Seems like such a wonderful adventure with your little guy. What fun you must have had.

Momma_K 11-29-2010 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by aliaslaceygreen

Originally Posted by Momma_K
My fiance lives on Staten Island. I go there at least 2 times a year and absolutely LOVE it! The first time I rode the Staten Island Ferry I had tears streaming from my eyes when I seen the Statue of Liberty for the first time. My sweetheart says it's all old to him but he took me everywhere! From Wall Street, to Broadway, Times Square, 5th Avenue, Oh Heavens I can't mention it all it's so much! I love the diners too, Vegas in Brooklyn is my favorite...also The Colonade on Staten Island!! One of my favorite spots is Strands Book Store! We go in there and spend what seems hours, he always makes sure I'm fully loaded with any book I find interesting! Anyway, I told my mother I have to make sure she visits there someday...everyone should see it at least once!
:shock: OH and St Patricks Cathedral is just breath taking inside!! Oh and I think it's the Old Trinity Church where they made the movie National Treasure...amazing! Also love walking thru the old cemetarys looking at the old headstones. Ok, I'm done...I could go and on and on and on....!! :mrgreen: I miss it very much.. :XD: :-( :lol:

MommaK...I am from Staten Island!!! I moved away in 2002 to be with my DH in VA, I MISS it so much (well, not the traffic on Forest Ave or Hylan Blvd but the rest, a LOT!!!!) And the Colonnade diner!!!!

Hey thats great! My Sweetie says if you're on Hylan Blvd you can find your way around to anywhere! Oh I learned about the orphange that Father Drumgoole started so many years ago, gone from a fire sadly enough. Just a touch of history there! Ha! Ha! I love going to Lemon Beach, thats one of our favorite places to go. It leads up to the rock formations and the clay. I could spend months there and still learn something new everyday. One thing I did learn are the different bridges one can see on TV, I'll see one and know if it's the Washington, Verasono, or Brooklyn. I know there are others but still learning! It's nice to remenisce!

JoAnnGC 11-29-2010 10:00 PM

Oh, Maria, you have made me so homesick for NYC, especially during the Christmas season. Thank you so very much for reminding me of how wonderful it is!

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-29-2010 10:18 PM

Thanks for sharing your little glimpses of NYC. It is on my dream list and your pictures always make it seem real.

aliaslaceygreen 11-30-2010 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by aliaslaceygreen

My fiance lives on Staten Island. I go there at least 2 times a year and absolutely LOVE it! The first time I rode the Staten Island Ferry I had tears streaming from my eyes when I seen the Statue of Liberty for the first time. My sweetheart says it's all old to him but he took me everywhere! From Wall Street, to Broadway, Times Square, 5th Avenue, Oh Heavens I can't mention it all it's so much! I love the diners too, Vegas in Brooklyn is my favorite...also The Colonade on Staten Island!! One of my favorite spots is Strands Book Store! We go in there and spend what seems hours, he always makes sure I'm fully loaded with any book I find interesting! Anyway, I told my mother I have to make sure she visits there someday...everyone should see it at least once!
:shock: OH and St Patricks Cathedral is just breath taking inside!! Oh and I think it's the Old Trinity Church where they made the movie National Treasure...amazing! Also love walking thru the old cemetarys looking at the old headstones. Ok, I'm done...I could go and on and on and on....!! :mrgreen: I miss it very much.. :XD: :-( :lol:

MommaK...I am from Staten Island!!! I moved away in 2002 to be with my DH in VA, I MISS it so much (well, not the traffic on Forest Ave or Hylan Blvd but the rest, a LOT!!!!) And the Colonnade diner!!!!

Hey thats great! My Sweetie says if you're on Hylan Blvd you can find your way around to anywhere! Oh I learned about the orphange that Father Drumgoole started so many years ago, gone from a fire sadly enough. Just a touch of history there! Ha! Ha! I love going to Lemon Beach, thats one of our favorite places to go. It leads up to the rock formations and the clay. I could spend months there and still learn something new everyday. One thing I did learn are the different bridges one can see on TV, I'll see one and know if it's the Washington, Verasono, or Brooklyn. I know there are others but still learning! It's nice to remenisce!

Lemon Creek? LOVE it! Such an untouched bit of the island left....although I am a North Shore gal...

eiltcoq 11-30-2010 07:16 AM

Maride, Thanks for beautiful pictures of New York. I enjoyed the sites and stayed warm at the same time. Thanks for sharing. Eiltcoq.

BellaBoo 11-30-2010 07:29 AM

OH, How I miss NYC. My inlaws lived about 20 min. from downtown.

The Quiet Quilter 11-30-2010 11:10 AM

Thanks so much for sharing.
I've never been there. Very
interesting to see!
Hugs, Sharon

StitchinJoy 11-30-2010 11:14 AM

Awesome pix. Thanks so much for sharing.

I worked at Gimbel's Herald Square store 40 years ago and went to FIT. Took my first fiber classes there. Your pix were a wonderful blast from the past.

marytp 11-30-2010 03:25 PM

Your photos are fabulous! Made me a little home sick! Going to go again some time. This is the Favorite time of the Year!