Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Turkey meets Windshield (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/turkey-meets-windshield-t20558.html)

Chele 05-26-2009 03:45 AM

So happy there were no injuries. Except to the silly turkey! Your granddaughter is so wise and brave! I would have been crying.

Usually, insurance companies cover windshields 100% with no deductible.

sandiphi 05-26-2009 04:15 AM

Your daughter can dispute the $500.00 deductible, she can say it was beyond her control that a turkey flew out in front of her. They should drop that deductible and the windshield should be paid in full. But, if she has collision on her insurance policy, that $500.00 deductible shouldn't come into play if only the windshield is broken. If there is damage to other parts of the car then that's when the $500.00 comes into effect. But, if I were her I would dispute the deductible. She should win.

I did, when my husband hit a deer and when the branch fell out of the sky and went through the windshield. The insurance company dropped the deductible. Thank God my husband wasn't a little more to the right of the lane, he probably would have been impaled by that branch.

But, tell her to dispute it. That turkey was beyond her control.

sandpat 05-26-2009 04:37 AM

EEEwWwwww Melissa! I'm soo relieved that nobody was hurt! That happens around here all the time. Several of our friends have hit them but I'm not sure on the insurance.

You might want to also think about if you can afford to just fix the windshield...not turning it in at all...you know it goes on your record...premiums do go up and all that. If thats all the damage, I might consider just fixing it myself and goin' on down the road...clearly watching for turkeys of course. :roll:

Justquilting 05-26-2009 04:37 AM

How scary!! Glad the girls are ok!!

sajackson 05-26-2009 04:41 AM

Your right...turkeys are dumb...For everything negative that happens there IS a positive...Thank goodness everyone BUT the turkey are ok. My only question is......what's for dinner tonight? heeheee :lol:

roflol after I hit submit - the ad at the bottom was for Windshield replacements...how funny!

Bevanger 05-26-2009 05:47 AM

OH MY GOODNESS. THANK GOD NO ONE WAS HURT.

Tink's Mom 05-26-2009 06:49 AM

:lol: I'm sorry, can't help it :lol: Out of the mouth of babes :lol:

Thank God your daughter and the babies are fine! Cars can be fixed.
Don't blame your daughter for the tears, I would have too...

Please write this down in BOTH of the baby books! With the feathers, it's a keeper! :lol:

mytwopals 05-26-2009 09:16 AM

If you can prove the damage was caused by an animal, in this case a turkey, it'll fall under your Comprehensive coverage. And the deductible will be the Comprehensive deductible, not the collision deductible. But check your policy's Comprehensive coverage wording to be certain.

mgshaw 05-26-2009 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Melissa, I am so glad your DD and GD are ok- she is the cutie in your avatar right? That is so scarry!

Yep, That Teegyn and I on my birthday. She picked the theme for my party, Disney Princess!!!! :lol: :lol:

bearpaw 05-26-2009 09:45 AM

Scary! I'm glad everyone is ok!!