Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   tv commercials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/tv-commercials-t318378.html)

SueZQ from MN 05-31-2022 08:07 PM

tv commercials

Let's try a new survey about something totally unrelated to quilting, but which we are all familiar with.
What tv commercial currently airing do you like and which one affects you like nails on a chalkboard?

LIKE--Chewy.com pet supplies with the two dogs talking about a peanut butter delivery

DISLIKE--The Insurance Helpline with JJ Walker

Peckish 05-31-2022 08:22 PM

I hate them all and actively avoid them. I think our society is bombarded with waaaaay too many commercials. If one comes on the radio, I change the station. About 10 years ago, we dumped satellite tv and signed up with a couple different streaming providers. Best ever side effect of that was that we no longer get commercials!

Not helpful to your thread, am I? 😜😆 Sorry! 😆

mermaid 06-01-2022 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by SueZQ from MN (Post 8554078)
Let's try a new survey about something totally unrelated to quilting, but which we are all familiar with.
What tv commercial currently airing do you like and which one affects you like nails on a chalkboard?

LIKE--Chewy.com pet supplies with the two dogs talking about a peanut butter delivery

DISLIKE--The Insurance Helpline with JJ Walker

like ... the little insurance "talking lizard"
dislike... (hate! w/a passion)The insurance emu ads..soooo stupid! Also the jj Walker & Joe Namath screams...can't mute them fast enough!

aashley333 06-01-2022 03:32 AM

Love the Amazon ad with Medusa buying sunglasses!
Dislike : The insurance Emu
I have been known to mute the commercials and make up my own dialogue!!

Julienm1 06-01-2022 03:40 AM

I only watch commercial TV early AM for local news. National news? Avoid like the plague so rarely see the annoying commercials and I think ALL of them are annoying.

We have primary election June 7 so lots of untruths regarding commercials.

I'm streaming shows on Amazon Prime. Commercials there are usually business focus and last for 10-15 seconds. Much better for my blood pressure...lol

toverly 06-01-2022 03:53 AM

The one I dislike is the one where the mom is waiting for her son to come home and the police show up at the door. It's airing on the radio also. I think it's to remind to wear seatbelts. Can't stand it.

lberna 06-01-2022 03:59 AM

We watch very little regular TV. We stream Amazon, Netflix, Acorn, and BritBox. There are no ads on these channels. But, we watch the local and national news occasionally. I absolutely hate the lawyer ads that appear at that time. We are a lawsuit friendly state and the lawyers are on TV all the time. I like the Geico commercials.

Fizzle 06-01-2022 04:04 AM

I don't watch a lot of regular TV so not a lot of commercials but i really like the Geico lizard. “How’s your Mum”

Tartan 06-01-2022 04:04 AM

That’s what the mute button is for on the remote control.

bearisgray 06-01-2022 04:43 AM

I used to love the Budweiser ads with the big horses. Have there been any new ones lately?