Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Two of my boys! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/two-my-boys-t35769.html)

amma 02-02-2010 12:45 PM

Adorable picture :D:D:D
Your DS is precious and puppy??? Holy Cow he is almost a moose LOL I have seen many of these gentle giants :wink: and had to put one in another room if I wanted to verbally discipline "their" kids LMBO but it was awesome knowing they could be in the yard playing and no one was going to mess with them :D:D:D

ginnie6 02-02-2010 01:00 PM

well when they shed hair is a pain! we vacuum lots then and dh forbade me to brush him in the house when he's shedding! lol! I would always take Bandit outside and brush him....the yard was white by the time I was done. And yes it is nice knowing that I can send them out back to play and no one will bother them. Our yard is fenced but our neighborhood has gone to pot in the last 5 years. Some seriously rough stuff going on around here and sadly at this time we cannot sale for several reasons....one being an addition that is unfinished that we are doing ourselves.

Jim's Gem 02-02-2010 04:25 PM

What a cute puppy!! I love big dogs. I currently have 3 labs but love the Grt Pry too!!! And Newfoundland's too!
Your son is a cutie too!!

Marjpf 02-02-2010 04:34 PM

How sweet! Nothing like the love of a puppy and a boy.

tlrnhi 02-02-2010 05:01 PM

How beautiful Tucker is!
He sure will be a big boy!

My daughter has an English Bull Mastif. Max is HUGE, but like you say...a gentle giant UNTIL someone "pisses" him off. I would take Max for a walk and if another dog even tried to approach, Max would let out this bark as if he was saying to "stay away". Dogs and people would not come near unless I told Max to sit and be still. Then others could approach.
I'm sure once the babies get bigger, he'll surely be the "big brother" and protect them.
I never liked big dogs either. I'm a cat person, but funny thing....when hubby retires, I told him he can have a dog and guess what I want him to get? A Great Dane! lol

ginnie6 02-02-2010 05:20 PM

well I used to be a cat person but when my 20yo cat died I've just not found another I could bond too. Our first pyr though.....oh man that was my baby. I cried for weeks after he died.

tlrnhi 02-02-2010 05:22 PM

Maybe I'll let hubby see your pup and see what he says. I'm sure he'll say something about "all that fur", but heck, my house is covered in cat fur! lol

chris_quilts 02-02-2010 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by ginnie6
well I used to be a cat person but when my 20yo cat died I've just not found another I could bond too. Our first pyr though.....oh man that was my baby. I cried for weeks after he died.

oops, sorry.

Greendragon6889 02-04-2010 07:53 AM

It looks like he's saying "stay where I put you" LOL

yourstrulyquilts 02-04-2010 08:23 AM

I agree with what everyone else said. You are a lucky girl!!
YTQ