Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   UGG boots (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ugg-boots-t74231.html)

plainpat 11-05-2010 01:56 AM

Don't know what they cost, but my last pair of warm boots came from LL Bean,for like $60 & free shipping.

Originally Posted by brookemarie19
Does anyone here have these? I am looking into getting a pair for me (I am originally from FL and this NY weather is super cold for my toes :( ) and was wondering where the best priced place to order would be.
Brooke

watterstide 11-05-2010 02:39 AM

My daughter bought a pair..and she loves them, can wear them all day, she is a school teacher.
i just know that they are expensive, but she said, worth every penny!

quiltmom04 11-05-2010 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
Ugg boots are an Australian brand-and a bit expensive here-but there are lots of really good copies for about 1/2 the price-see if you have a Famous Footwear chain where you are-or check on e-bay or Craig's List-also, many sporting goods stores have them-but they might be a bit more expensive than the discount stores-by the way, Famous Footwear usually have discount coupons available. I saw some at CostCo last week and they were really nice-and not expensive!

But according to the kids (from my 16 year old niece) FUgg boots (fake Ugg boots) an be spotted a mile away and no one would be caught dead wearing them. Jeesh! Kids!! In my day it was "Ladybug" dresses and "Capezios! "

brookemarie19 11-05-2010 05:55 AM

Thanks for all of your inputs... I plan to buy some its just a matter of where from now.

N.J.linda 11-05-2010 06:07 AM

ebay. got my 3 there. LOOOOOVVVVEEEE them

brookemarie19 11-05-2010 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by N.J.linda
ebay. got my 3 there. LOOOOOVVVVEEEE them

How do you know if they are real or repros?

bob1414 11-05-2010 08:40 AM

I've had my pair of Uggs for 13 years and they're still goiing strong. I have the better quality style that has reinforced toes. They keep my feet super-warm - they're all I wear here in the South Dakota winters. The down side is that the sole is slippery. I would guess that the better quality, plain style (no zippers, buttons or fancy stuff - just pull-on) will cost at least $160.

hannajo 11-05-2010 09:33 AM

I just got a pair of fake uggs at Payless. I think they were $25 and they're super warm.

kriscraft99 11-05-2010 09:35 AM

I got a lavender pair at TJ Maxx a couple of years ago for $29.99.. they definitely keep my feet warm!!

Originally Posted by brookemarie19
Does anyone here have these? I am looking into getting a pair for me (I am originally from FL and this NY weather is super cold for my toes :( ) and was wondering where the best priced place to order would be.
Brooke

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-05-2010 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I love to see the chicks here running around in those fuzzy boots, Daisy Dukes and a Hoody. Go figure.

It's like they just don't know what season it is. Summer? Fall? Winter? Let's just wear it all!