Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   UGH how many more will I have to buy? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ugh-how-many-more-will-i-have-buy-t27496.html)

Knot Sew 10-23-2009 03:59 AM

I would soak some cheap ones with vinegar and lemon,,,..Get kitty a brother or sister the same age.....its amazing how their behavior changes...they sort of ignore people and become busy with each other. I have to snatch a kitty to get attention from mine

nativetexan 10-23-2009 06:09 AM

give the kitten some of the plastic tops to milk bottles. not the part you pull off. they can eat pieces off and that's not good. but for some reason the kitten is craving plastic or rubber.
give it lots of toys to play with and keep it out of the baby's room while so young. it's not the kittens fault, it's a baby too.

lfw045 10-23-2009 06:22 AM

I truly hope you find a solution, but if any animal took a pacifier away from my baby it would be out of my house in a hearbeat. I remember when I was young that the ladies would talk about keeping cats and kittens away from young babies as they could suck the breath out of them. It was the smell of the milk that attracted the cats. I hope that is just an old wives tale but I do remember that cats weren't anywhere around when there was a baby present. Good luck.

Minda 10-23-2009 02:47 PM

Please, please call your vet and ask for advice. The kitten doesn't realize he's doing anything wrong (he's just a baby, too).

Shadow Dancer 10-23-2009 03:10 PM

Crate the kitten so it can't get into the baby's room/crib.

Shemjo 10-23-2009 03:42 PM

Do hope you can find a solution short of getting rid of the cat. Perhaps it is just a phase the kitten is going through. :lol:

brendadawg 10-24-2009 11:24 AM

I would find the cat a new home -- wouldn't want it close enough to the baby to steal his pacifier.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 10-26-2009 06:44 PM

So??? What happened? Do you still have a cat? Did you buy stock in the binky factory?

OHSue 10-26-2009 07:44 PM

My cat also has a thing for rubber stuff and we have to keep rubber bands put away, we have seen them hanging out the other end with a 'small decoration' on them.
I would probably isolate the cat from the baby, we had a cat we had to put in the basement every night when it was small. But Oh I would not be able to live without the Binky!
And it is not physically possible for a cat to suck the air out of a baby, that is why they have to lap up drinks, they don't have a mouth that works that way.

MadQuilter 10-26-2009 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by mic-pa
Get rid of the cat, it is not worth it to have it in the same room with the baby.

That's harsh! Why not restrict the cat's movement in the house. (Can you tell that my loyalty is more to the 4-legged kids?)