Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Upset and need help :o( (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/upset-need-help-o-t19603.html)

Bevanger 04-30-2009 03:00 PM

I had/have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional that I got from my Aunt years ago. I LOVED it cuz I could save quilt patterns with it (PDF) then I could change the PDF to Jpgs..... I have alot of patterns saved this way for future use. I'm now in tears cuz this program won't work with VISTA on our new computer. NOW WHAT? How do you save your patterns from web pages.?

marty_mo 04-30-2009 03:14 PM

Adobe can be downloaded free from the site.

http://get.adobe.com/reader/

Ducky 04-30-2009 03:25 PM

Yes, Beverly. Don't worry -- you can download it, just like Marty said.

eparys 04-30-2009 03:40 PM

Beverly -

Sorry your new computer is not cooperating – Hope this helps.

Most new Adobe Readers will open older files - Try and down load a newer version and try opening them. That should help with what you have saved..

I assume you are saving parts of web pages. You can save the entire web page but that can be "bulky". Another way to save them is that you can actually use the PrintScreen button on your keyboard. Then you can open MSPaint, click on edit and choose "paste" - what you should get is a copy of your screen. Once you see what you have on your screen, you can do a SaveAs and choose jpeg as the type.

The newer versions of Adobe are rather pricey – I still use Adobe Professional 5 :thumbup:

PM me if I can help with more specific directions.

Bevanger 04-30-2009 04:20 PM

Ok I downloaded the free adobe. Now can I save parts of webpages with this too?

Shemjo 04-30-2009 04:28 PM

Bev, it is sew exasperating when the new computer does not work!
I am having severe problems with my "new" computer from last summer. This laptop got really slow and then died. Had to have a new hard disk, and in this past month, I have had to reinstall my Vista operating system, and do several recoveries! Just getting everything reinstalled from the last recovery so I can do MY things on it. I am quite annoyed! :lol:

amma 04-30-2009 04:37 PM

I'm sorry Bev!!! I'm not very computer savvy, but I sure am sympathetic with your issue!!! :wink: :( :wink:

Bevanger 04-30-2009 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
Bev, it is sew exasperating when the new computer does not work!
I am having severe problems with my "new" computer from last summer. This laptop got really slow and then died. Had to have a new hard disk, and in this past month, I have had to reinstall my Vista operating system, and do several recoveries! Just getting everything reinstalled from the last recovery so I can do MY things on it. I am quite annoyed! :lol:

I'm so used to doing things a certain way and now NOTHING I DO WORKS...... 4 of my prgrams aren't compatible with Vista.....I just wanna cry, I'm so angry :evil:

kwhite 04-30-2009 05:19 PM

Yes Vista sucks. Adobe reader will allow you to save the patterns on the web as aAdobe files and open them. What you will not be able to do it edit or change anything. That is the diffrence between Adobe Reader and full version. Full version will allow you to create your own .PDF files and chane those you get from other sources. Sounds like for what you want Adobe reader will work fine.

Bevanger 04-30-2009 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
Yes Vista sucks. Adobe reader will allow you to save the patterns on the web as aAdobe files and open them. What you will not be able to do it edit or change anything. That is the diffrence between Adobe Reader and full version. Full version will allow you to create your own .PDF files and chane those you get from other sources. Sounds like for what you want Adobe reader will work fine.

Its ok if I can just save a web page to PDF. BUT HOW DO I DO IT?