Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Veggie garden upday and my Daylilies too! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/veggie-garden-upday-my-daylilies-too-t21518.html)

amma 06-18-2009 08:56 PM

Oh I wish that I had smell-a-vision!!! Your garden is mouth wateringly beautiful!!! Your flowers are gorgeous, such beautiful colors!!! :D :D :D

Joan 06-18-2009 09:36 PM

What a wonderful garden.

Wish you could e mail a tomato or two to me. They are
so much better than ones bought in the store.

And the daylillies----they are extraordinary!!! :lol:

k3n 06-19-2009 12:47 AM

Beautiful Patti! And ahead of me - I have green tomaaaarrrrtoes (say it right! :wink: ) forming but my corn is only a few inches high - I was late getting it out but autumn is usually long and warm here so we'll just get it a bit later! I was thinking it's about time i posted some updated pics but I'm a bit afraid that the terrible twins will hijack and start trying to set me up as a gogo dancer again! :mrgreen:

Day lilies are beautiful - did you know that you can eat the buds? Sprinkle them in a salad, they give a nice crunch! :D

tlrnhi 06-19-2009 12:58 AM

Awesome!
Now I am going to go and cry because I can't have a garden like that! :( :( :(

quiltwoman 06-19-2009 02:48 AM

looks great! I can taste those tomatoes already--yummy.

Quilt4u 06-19-2009 02:51 AM

Looks great.

sandpat 06-19-2009 03:30 AM

Oh, thanks all....I really do wish I could share the bounty with all of you..the tomatoes are really loaded so I know we'll be canning lots of TJ.
I think we are gonna have to go buy a freezer to put up the corn. Last year a gave a ton away and we were out of what I had frozen by Dec. DH can't eat it as much now as he could before, but I think I'd rather have a little room in the freezer.

The Daylilies are really pretty and I can't take any credit for that. The neighbor had bought all these hybrids varieties and had a HUGE round bed of them. She decided that she wanted a swimming pool for her grands and dug them all up. She gave them to me. DH and I spent about a weekend planting and now the cows eat them through the fence despite the electric wire we put up. We enjoy whats left :roll:

(k...you are probably right about posting...will probably happen here too...you do remember some of my other threads...right??) :roll:

k3n 06-19-2009 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
(k...you are probably right about posting...will probably happen here too...you do remember some of my other threads...right??) :roll:

If you see 'em coming, Patti, HIDE! :lol:

Just kidding girls - we love you really! :D

Mousie 06-19-2009 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Beautiful Patti! And ahead of me - I have green tomaaaarrrrtoes (say it right! :wink: ) forming but my corn is only a few inches high - I was late getting it out but autumn is usually long and warm here so we'll just get it a bit later! I was thinking it's about time i posted some updated pics but I'm a bit afraid that the terrible twins will hijack and start trying to set me up as a gogo dancer again! :mrgreen:

Day lilies are beautiful - did you know that you can eat the buds? Sprinkle them in a salad, they give a nice crunch! :D

:D hey, I got quite a haul of stash from those shows :XD: ...
know you been hiding out...
not on board as much...
MOONlighting??? since you don't wear un....* :lol:

Mousie 06-19-2009 06:59 AM

Patti wrote:
(k...you are probably right about posting...will probably happen here too...you do remember some of my other threads...right??) :roll: [/quote]

well, first off, Patti, your garden is beautiful!
Sorry to hear, that the cows think the flowers are so tasty! :?
and as for...having your post, 'stirred and poked'*...like they say in court...
you put it out there on the floor...now it's OUR TURN:wink: :lol::lol: :lol: