Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Verizon Users (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/verizon-users-t182242.html)

hybearn8er 03-11-2012 07:57 AM

I have a Droid razer and love it! I use it to order prescriptions and make Dr appts and read when I'm stuck waiting for whatever reason. I love that I have my calendar with me and can keep track of apts.
I use the GPS when I need to go someplace I've never been before. It is comparable to the iPhone.

Gabrielle's Mimi 03-11-2012 08:05 AM

Funny to see this thread this morning. I had a Droid smartphone and loved it, but my DH took me to Best Buy last night to get an iPhone 4S. It's really cool! I love the voice app and Siri. Recently I have been going to the Apple store, taking classes on how to use the new Mac computer that my husband wanted (I've always been a PC person). The people are great at that store. But we went to Best Buy to buy the phone because they have a warrantee program that Apple doesn't. The warrantee that my DH bought will allow completely free replacement as many times as necessary, within a 2 year period. They also give you a rebate on your old phone if you buy a new phone within 2 years. Check out your options.

judykay 03-11-2012 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by MamaHen (Post 5049638)
Man am I behind the times or what! All I want my phone for is to call friends and family and emergency if needed. I don't want to be tied to a phone and look like so many walking blindly while talking or surfing the net. That's what this computer is for. I have better things to do, like quilting!

You sound just like me, I have never come close to using my 350 minutes.

stnele 03-11-2012 09:27 AM

The HTC Thunderbolt has talk to text.
But will not link up to an Apple computer

quilterj 03-11-2012 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Gabrielle's Mimi (Post 5050094)
Funny to see this thread this morning. I had a Droid smartphone and loved it, but my DH took me to Best Buy last night to get an iPhone 4S. It's really cool! I love the voice app and Siri. Recently I have been going to the Apple store, taking classes on how to use the new Mac computer that my husband wanted (I've always been a PC person). The people are great at that store. But we went to Best Buy to buy the phone because they have a warrantee program that Apple doesn't. The warrantee that my DH bought will allow completely free replacement as many times as necessary, within a 2 year period. They also give you a rebate on your old phone if you buy a new phone within 2 years. Check out your options.

Verizon has the same plan.

quilter68 03-11-2012 10:50 AM

Just for a shocker I have to tell youall that I really don't think I need all the apps. Last month my phone bill showed that I had only used 22 mins. of my 250 allowance. I use the house line to talk to my DD every Thursday then to my sisters about once a month.

Is this strange?

solstice3 03-11-2012 11:29 AM

The choice should be made after examining what it does and weighing that against what you need. I mostly agree with JBJ137. I need my phone for talking more that anything. An occasional text or photo is OK Too often we get baited with all kinds of cool gadgets that we pay too much for and never use.

klutzyquilter 03-11-2012 02:22 PM

I have an HTC smartphone via Verizon and am pleased with it ... especially with the built-in GPS at no extra charge ... I think Apple charges for a GPS app on the iPhone. I think photos taken on the iPhone are better quality ... but it could just be I don't know what I'm doing :rolleyes:.

theoldgraymare 03-11-2012 02:32 PM

I keep a cellphone until it bites the dust, then buy the cheapest one with the fewest bells and whistles. Guess I am just an old dinosaur....LOL

collady 03-11-2012 05:01 PM

I am looking for a new phone also. I don't do a lot on the internet with my current phone, and I really don't want to spend the time to learn how or the money they cost. I just send text messages and take and send a few pictures other than talk. I can't seem to find "plain Jane" simple phones!