Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Verizon Users (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/verizon-users-t182242.html)

quilterj 03-09-2012 07:17 PM

Verizon Users

Ok everyone not that I really need one but am wanting to get an upgrade on my phone. After about almost a week, nights sitting at the computor reading reviews and looking at prices and such I had about 4 or 5 narrowed down. They had 4 or 5 star reviews. After going to the store today and spending 2 hrs. looking and playing with the phones the guy talked me down to 2 of them. The htc rhyme and the iphone. I would love to have the iphone 4s because of one of the features that you can talk your text. That is really cool. I have the samsung reality now. I don't do awhole lot yet on the net with this one. Have never downloaded any kind of apps. Not that I really new what all that was about until today anyway. Also I don't remember which iphone I was looking at when I found out that it had a motorcycle ringtone. I liked that because my husband has a bike. I really like the 4s phone but don't really need all that gb. So the price for the iphone is pretty good. It has extra insurance that I know I would want to get from applecare or protect care. But as it is am going to upgrading the data. Right now just not sure if I have the money for the extra insurance.
So those of you who have these phones what do you like about it or what should I know that I may not know about yet. Hopefully I will be able to make my decision after I read your replys.
Thanks for reading. Sorry so long.

T

Nanamoms 03-09-2012 11:12 PM

Gosh, deciding on a cell phone is about as bad as reading an insurance policy!! I don't have an iPhone but most of my family members do and they love them! That's about all the info I can give you!

quilterj 03-10-2012 12:31 AM

Thank you.

hobo2000 03-10-2012 01:13 AM

My son has the 4s and I fell heir to his Droid x, which I love. I have "walk in service" which is not available on the iPhone. My X had a problem, they overnighted a new one and it cost me nothing. According to my son, my GPS works better than his, I have voice texting and much more. My data plan is $20.00 per month, that is less than iPhone. If you are not going to spend a lot of time on the net or watching movies on your phone, why iphone

Pam B 03-10-2012 05:37 PM

We have 3 Droid Incredilbles from Verizon and we love them. All 3 of us are up for new phones in the next few months and we will each probably go with the Iphone. When I went with my smartphone 1 1/2 years ago, my DH poo-poohed my choice (even though he had one through his work). You know, I wasn't really sure I 'needed' one but I absolutely love it! There are so many things I can do with it. For example, while shopping today, my DD texted and wanted me to Google the apt complex in Ohio where she and her hubby had just put a dep. on an apt (they are moving due to his job relocation). I was able...right there in the mall, to sit down on a bench and see the apts and tell her what I thought of them. Seriously, I say GO FOR IT!!!

MamaHen 03-11-2012 05:38 AM

Man am I behind the times or what! All I want my phone for is to call friends and family and emergency if needed. I don't want to be tied to a phone and look like so many walking blindly while talking or surfing the net. That's what this computer is for. I have better things to do, like quilting!

mcgeeca 03-11-2012 06:09 AM

I have the Iphone 4 and I love it. It is extremely user friendly. While I don't use the internet on it alot, having access saved me 50% at Hobby Lobby because I was able to go their site and pull the coupon up on my phone. I believe you can do the same at JoAnne's and other stores as well. I have downloaded a free quilting calculator app from Robert Kaufman fabrics which has been very handy for me.

anita211 03-11-2012 06:33 AM

I have a Pantech 9020 that is cool, but I don't use it for anything except phoning and Facebook. I don't care about GPS (I live in a small town, from a big city), playing music (I have a CD player, stereo, radio for that), or for taking a lot of pics. The last pics I took on the phone, other than seeing the dog do something cute, was the accident I was in. If you want a lot on a phone, go for the Droid or IPhone. Like somebody else said, all the apps would take me from doing what I love and that is sitting in front of a sewing machine!

Quilter Day-by-Day 03-11-2012 06:40 AM

My DH just got the Iphone4s and so for he likes it but still learning how to use the phone. I really want one too but I'll have to wait till Mothers Day.

jbj137 03-11-2012 07:31 AM

I only want a phone that rings for talking.
That is what phone are for.
J J