Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   A very happy ending with Oliso iron. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/very-happy-ending-oliso-iron-t261490.html)

0tis 02-19-2015 11:22 AM

A very happy ending with Oliso iron.

I bought an Oliso iron in 2013 during the Black Friday sales because it was such a great deal - I think it was less than $ 60 at Joann's - its the blue one. Anyway, I use it everyday and just love it. Recently, its been quirky - the feet would drop down while I was ironing - I thought maybe I was holding it wrong but it just kept doing it - then I noticed that it was turning off by itself - well actually I thought I was losing my mind because I thought I turned it on but it was off - turns out it was turning itself off. So, I was having a bit of trouble - yesterday it just would not come on - it turned itself off and refused to turn on. I emailed the company. I figured I would hear back in a day or two. I couldn't believe it - within half hour I had an email. They had a suggestion that I try. I tried what they wanted and it turned back on briefly. It was late in the day and I was getting dinner ready and noticed a message on my machine - I couldn't understand it - so I just skipped it. Then my phone started ringing again. It was Oliso - they called me twice in one day - within 1 1/2 of my email - They wanted me to send my iron back - its within the time limit of the warranty (because I registered it you get an extra 3 months) they told me don't mess around - just mail it back to them and they will send me a new one. I was shocked - to actually call me at home the same day within an hour of my email. That is customer service. So I want everyone to know how wonderful they are to their customers. Spread the word.
:thumbup:

Nammie to 7 02-19-2015 11:33 AM

That is good customer service -- I'm sure they didn't want you leaving a defective iron plugged in to potentially start a fire.

KalamaQuilts 02-19-2015 01:34 PM

wow. good job on them!

Sewnoma 02-19-2015 01:46 PM

Nice!

I love these stories and I always make a mental note of the companies involved. I adore my Panasonic cordless iron but if I ever look at a corded iron again, this post will add points in the Oliso column!

Thanks for sharing!

ManiacQuilter2 02-19-2015 02:05 PM

Nice to know that there is such good customer service with this iron. Thanks for posting.

pocoellie 02-19-2015 07:54 PM

I had the same kind of customer service, several years ago, when the Oliso first came out.

mjhaess 02-21-2015 01:06 PM

Now that is good customer service. I am thinking of buying one. My Rowenta is 6 months old and has sprung a leak. No more of them for me...

Maggie_Sue 02-21-2015 06:03 PM

I appreciate this information! Thanks

Oksewnsew 02-21-2015 07:48 PM

They have GREAT customer service.. I have 2 of their irons and love them.