Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Vinegar! Any ideas? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/vinegar-any-ideas-t238880.html)

KalamaQuilts 01-15-2014 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts (Post 6513909)
you can add some to your drinking water but I am not sure what you would gain. I used to work with a lady who did that. I asked her why, she said it helped to keep your body slightly acid and that was good.

A - you are taking 5% acid vinegar, diluting it with water, and putting it in your stomach which is already extremely acid.(PH of about 1).

B- your body knows and controls how acid/alkaline it should be, if you could change it significantly, you would DIE. Look up acidosis.

What she said!

I have a dear friend who nearly died doing the vinegar diet... Please don't try drinking it even by the teaspoon.

starshine 01-15-2014 10:30 AM

Vinegar and Oil vinegrette salad dressing is a good way to get vinegar for health, I think the health benefit is with just one or two tablespoons

yonnikka 01-15-2014 10:40 AM

This is my true story: I have cured Infected Sinus by drinking small shots of Apple Cider Vinegar for several days in a row. I take a little cup, put in one or two tablespoons of the vinegar, and add about quarter cup of water. (ratio about 1:3 or 1:4) Then, I drink it. Three or four times a day. For 4 or 5 days in a row. My sinus cleared up. I have waited few days to see if this remedy is really real... and I'm convinced. But one warning: the vinegar will "clean" your tongue so thoroughly that it will be sore, the taste buds will be in shock. Better to drink your little cups with a straw.

llweezie 01-15-2014 01:27 PM

Wow some great feedback girls. Thank you!

Jackie Spencer 01-15-2014 05:14 PM

I add a little vinegar and sugar to the egg mixture when I make Deviled Eggs and also to my homemade Sloppy Joe's. Have had people tell me I make the best Sloppy Joe's.

ptquilts 01-15-2014 06:12 PM

I may give it a try for toenail fungus, thanks.

Suze9395 01-15-2014 06:53 PM

My in-laws did this for awhile. I think the said it was good for the immune system, cholesterol, several things. I was not convinced to try it.

But, they where not using 'regular' apple cider vinegar. It was some type of natural stuff, I think it was cloudy.

Suze9395 01-15-2014 07:03 PM

@ /romanojg
thank you for the info regarding pet skin care.
We have an older dog that has come up with severe flea allergies in the couple years and we have been battling skin issues ever since.
I just read to try mixing tea tree oil in his shampoo and then rubbing him down with coconut oil...the shampoo sounds ok, but the oil rub down sounds like a mess in the making.
I am going to try a combo of the shampoo and then the vinegar.

DOTTYMO 01-16-2014 02:04 AM

My father had very bad gout in both big toes. Each morning he soaked his feet in a warm water with vinegar in.
White vinegar is good for cleaning.
Isn't bicarbonate also good for skin problem sordid I dream this?

omacookie 01-16-2014 02:13 AM

A tablespoon of vinegar will cure hick-ups.