Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Vintage TV Shows (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/vintage-tv-shows-t159916.html)

arimuse 10-13-2011 06:26 PM

It really says something about TV today - there are at least 3 stations on cable where I am that play only the old programming - they sure wouldn't do that if no one were watching! sharet

jadet 10-13-2011 06:43 PM

Loved the Carol Burnett show

everbtrue 10-13-2011 07:15 PM

I am constantly singing the theme song to 'Here Comes the Bride' in my head. I'd love to see it again. What about 'It's About Time' with Imogene Coco-3 astronauts travel back to the stone age.

Originally Posted by Lisanne
I have no idea which ones are on TV or DVD, but I've been wanting to see My Three Sons again. Anyone remember, with Fred MacMurray (sp?) ? The sons were Rob, Chip & Ernie.

Also would love to see Here Come the Brides, the one with the three brothers, Jason, Joshua and Jeremy.Bobby Sherman played Jeremy.

(I didn't intend a three-brothers theme, by the way! The shows were very different.)

madamekelly 10-13-2011 07:37 PM

Little House on the Prairie- watched all of them with my DDs. and Bonanza! Gunsmoke! Rifleman! Big Valley! Beauty and the Beast!

Anna.425 10-13-2011 10:55 PM

My Mom watches those channels too and everytime I stay with her it is a blast from my past. I love The Big Valley, Wagon Train, Andy Griffin (Barney cracks me up) and Here Come the Brides.

oldbalt99 10-13-2011 11:43 PM

Jack Benny, Dark Shadows, Barny Miller.

oldbalt99 10-13-2011 11:43 PM

Jack Benny, Dark Shadows, Barny Miller.

nannygoat 10-14-2011 05:09 AM

Oh yes! Here Come The Brides. I had a huge crush on Bobby Sherman in the 70's. So funny.

Originally Posted by everbtrue
I am constantly singing the theme song to 'Here Comes the Bride' in my head. I'd love to see it again. What about 'It's About Time' with Imogene Coco-3 astronauts travel back to the stone age.

Originally Posted by Lisanne
I have no idea which ones are on TV or DVD, but I've been wanting to see My Three Sons again. Anyone remember, with Fred MacMurray (sp?) ? The sons were Rob, Chip & Ernie.

Also would love to see Here Come the Brides, the one with the three brothers, Jason, Joshua and Jeremy.Bobby Sherman played Jeremy.

(I didn't intend a three-brothers theme, by the way! The shows were very different.)

hobbykat1955 10-14-2011 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by greaterexp
I never think to turn on the TV, except for TCM and a very little bit of football for hubby. I do miss those old shows that had clean humor and usually a little moral, too. Does anyone else miss black and white programs and movies?

Me...I once read that you paid more attention to the characters and story line in B&W movies and TV...the reason why is they stood out and the furniture etc...in the background didn't. So now when I watch B&W I try to catch what's in the background furniture, wallhangings etc...interesting and true...

hobbykat1955 10-14-2011 12:35 PM

Anyone remember "Lancer" James Stacy and Wayne Maunder both gorgeous...only on two season...Loved it...