Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Wacky Weather (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/wacky-weather-t273720.html)

Chasing Hawk 12-26-2015 09:51 AM

We are still digging out from under 30+ inches of snow. We had to buy a set of snow chains for the tractor. Even though its four wheel drive it will get stuck. :)

We also had to get a set for my husbands truck. He is from Southern California and never used chains before.

Last winter we barely had any snow.....12" maybe, but it was bitter cold. Mother Nature is making sure we get our share this season. The snowpack was so small it didn't fill the reservoirs last spring. We actually saw the bottom of Wickiup reservoir for the first time.

Mariposa 12-26-2015 09:55 AM

We've had a white Christmas this year, and cool temps. Though I had some confused daffodils blooming a couple weeks ago! Now we are expecting temps in the teens for next week. Yikes!

Stitchnripper 12-26-2015 10:47 AM

Very unseasonably warm here in Atlanta suburb

Doggramma 12-26-2015 02:46 PM

Crazy! I saw a chipmunk out yesterday. My husband said it's snowing in El Paso right now. Our weather finally turned cold today.

NJ Quilter 12-26-2015 06:44 PM

We had Christmas dinner outside on the deck last night! Rainy but warm. Have had the windows open in the house for the last 2 days and the fans going in the bedrooms to get them down to cool enough temps to sleep! Normally very chilly here this time of year. Haven't checked many of the plants yet though. Although I am sure they are quite confused!

sandy l 12-27-2015 04:11 AM

Yeah, we've been having weird weather too. A couple of days ago, broke the high temp. that had stood for a hundred years. But tonight we're suppose to get freezing rain. Sounds like Monday will be a good day to make chili:)

Debbie C 12-27-2015 04:24 AM

Spending Christmas week in Pennsylvania. 58 degree days. Not what one would expect!

janRN 12-27-2015 05:54 AM

MrJanRn & son have golfed almost daily for the past 2 weeks. Unheard of here in western PA in December.

maryfrang 12-27-2015 06:02 AM

We move from Missouri to Texas to enjoy the winters and what happened, Missouri has Texas weather. I still think we made a great move, we get to see the Gulf as often as we can, Cannot do that in Missouri, the River is muddy. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to everyone.

romanojg 12-27-2015 06:15 AM

It was around 80 here on Christmas. We normally wear PJ's when we open presents so this year I told my daughter we'd make it a themed one and all wear red plaid. It took me 5 stores to find the 2nd newborn sleeper for the twins, but we all got them. got up Christmas morning and it was too hot for us to wear them. As long as we don't get the snow we've been getting the past two years I'll be happy.