Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wacky Weather

Blog Entries

Wacky Weather

Guelph, Ontario Dec 26th
    Poor thing! Should be under a foot of snow!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    marykayhopkins123.blogspot.com

Power Poster
    ​My sister and I saw a robin on Wednesday!

Blog Entries
    i've seen bulbs just poking through but not in full bloom. i love that there is no snow, but worry what that will cause in the future seasons
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    By the end of the week you should see snow.

I am in So CA and it is cold enough for it to snow again. It surprising did snow last New Year's Eve. I want my 70s degrees temperatures back.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

One year we had an ice storm, no power for a few weeks. Now we have on the AC. I am reading a diary of a lady in NY from the 1800's and it was balmy on Christmas Day then. Weather has cycles.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

One of our young trees has sprouted leaves! Too rainy to snap a pic. I swear our grass is green! Should be under freezing here. I hope this warmth does not delay winter into June!

sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

My lilac trees are budding out but today it is snowing. LOL

Husband's Christmas gifts: 3 insulated flannel shirts and an insulated vest. Temperature the last 4 days: 78 degrees. This is the warmest it's been in NC since I can remember.

Blog Entries
    pretty but poor thing is right. the whole world is screwed up, I'm nervous about it.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

We are still digging out from under 30+ inches of snow. We had to buy a set of snow chains for the tractor. Even though its four wheel drive it will get stuck.

We also had to get a set for my husbands truck. He is from Southern California and never used chains before.

Last winter we barely had any snow.....12" maybe, but it was bitter cold. Mother Nature is making sure we get our share this season. The snowpack was so small it didn't fill the reservoirs last spring. We actually saw the bottom of Wickiup reservoir for the first time.
    Last edited by Chasing Hawk; 12-26-2015 at 09:54 AM.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

We've had a white Christmas this year, and cool temps. Though I had some confused daffodils blooming a couple weeks ago! Now we are expecting temps in the teens for next week. Yikes!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Very unseasonably warm here in Atlanta suburb
    Alyce

Crazy! I saw a chipmunk out yesterday. My husband said it's snowing in El Paso right now. Our weather finally turned cold today.
    Lori

We had Christmas dinner outside on the deck last night! Rainy but warm. Have had the windows open in the house for the last 2 days and the fans going in the bedrooms to get them down to cool enough temps to sleep! Normally very chilly here this time of year. Haven't checked many of the plants yet though. Although I am sure they are quite confused!

Blog Entries
    Yeah, we've been having weird weather too. A couple of days ago, broke the high temp. that had stood for a hundred years. But tonight we're suppose to get freezing rain. Sounds like Monday will be a good day to make chili

Spending Christmas week in Pennsylvania. 58 degree days. Not what one would expect!

MrJanRn & son have golfed almost daily for the past 2 weeks. Unheard of here in western PA in December.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

We move from Missouri to Texas to enjoy the winters and what happened, Missouri has Texas weather. I still think we made a great move, we get to see the Gulf as often as we can, Cannot do that in Missouri, the River is muddy. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to everyone.

Blog Entries
    It was around 80 here on Christmas. We normally wear PJ's when we open presents so this year I told my daughter we'd make it a themed one and all wear red plaid. It took me 5 stores to find the 2nd newborn sleeper for the twins, but we all got them. got up Christmas morning and it was too hot for us to wear them. As long as we don't get the snow we've been getting the past two years I'll be happy.
    Judy

Power Poster
    Yes it has been a werid year for weather. My garden is still growing. I have an abundant amount of peppers in my garden . We have not had a hard frost yet.

I was born in Ogden, Utah, Febuary,15, 1947 and the tulips were in full bloom. Really no winter that year. Next year they used a dog sled to travel over the fences to bring medicine to my grandparents farm just up the canyon by snow basin. Last year we fought ice & snow here in metro Atlanta & this year we are almost swimming in our shorts. So wet some huge trees fell due to super wet soil. We put plants in greenhouse, take plants out, put plants in.....

No wonder the chipmunks are confused.
    Last edited by Cherokeequilter; 12-27-2015 at 09:39 AM.

80's here in Central Fl. I remember in early 70's first DH and I came from NJ to Fl at Xmas and is was warm, sunny and very beautiful. Have lived here since 96 and weather varies from year to year. They say El Nino is behind it this year.

I was reading about weather over the centuries. The weather patterns aren't off as many think looking at it from century to century. The changes in the century are normal, just not normal to us living in the pattern changes. Makes life more interesting for sure.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast