Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wacky Weather

Here is south Louisiana, we had a record warm temp for Christmas Day -- 83. Yesterday was another record for that date, 84 ! The ACs are roaring here. Humidity is unbelievable-- everything made of cement or such substances is covered with moisture.
    One step at a time, always forward.

It finally turned colder last night. Two weeks ago the red bud trees started blooming and the fruit trees. A tree in my front yard still has all it's leaves trying to turn colors. My roses were beautiful but the high winds did a number on them last night.Thank God all the very bad weather missed us. I am praying for all those in the Dallas ares and those that were hit earlier on the East coast that lost so much in lives and homes.

It has been very cold in Arizona. Strange
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Blog Entries
    Over here in UK we have floods over the north of England and parts of Wales. Streets in York have turned into rivers. People are being evacuated from their homes with some water levels up 8 metres.
    the rain seems nonstop. More rain is due and areas flooded at Christmas are flooded again Sunday and expecting more flood water on Wednesday. And still the new year hasn't come.
    The weather globally is going mad I read about the tornado striking and loss of life. When will this change weather change and how dramatic will it get?
    Finished is better than a UFO

Blog Entries
    BIL in NW Pennsylvania has crocuses in his yard. He says everything is mixed up (not him, but the plants!). Cold weather is coming, so who knows what Mother Nature will do with these early bloomers.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

We had a forsythia that bloomed in Dec. own in Belleville IL.

We had a white Christmas in Arvada Co.

We had the AC on Christmas Eve while cooking and it was snowing in El Paso. We had snow last Christmas. This year was 74.

The weather on this planet is simply evolving a bit...as it always does over time.....

I saw my chickens on the lawn eating grass, this was Dec.29, so I only had a light shirt & slacks on but didn`t want them to leave before I had time to take a picture. I stepped into flip-flops and quick took it. But it was so warm out I didn`t believe it was Dec. 29th here in Wis. And greatfull also as we just came off of 2 really bad winters and I must remember we may still had a bad one. Can`t wait to send my brother my chicken picture, he lives in Texas and was complaining about the cold!

Blog Entries
    it was about 39* last night and when we went out tonight about the same too. But windy tonight so it felt worse.
    tOMORROW THE SAME, THEN WARMING UP ON mON AND tUES.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2