Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   wallet and purse returned (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/wallet-purse-returned-t138000.html)

Ramona Byrd 07-16-2011 11:10 AM

A few weeks ago outside a grocery store I grabbed a shopping cart and started in, noticed that there was a big red wallet/bag sitting in it. So I grabbed it and walked back down the row of cars getting ready to leave, and one woman glanced at the wallet, scrabbled at her passenger seat and when she came up empty, her mouth was open and her eyes were rounded in shock. I asked her name and address and in front of her opened the wallet and checked out her driver's license..she was SO glad to get it back, it was packed with money just ready for them to go on vacation. I made her swear to get a strap purse that she could always wear!! I"ll bet she never uses just a wallet anymore, that thing will go in a purse with a long strap.

raedar63 07-16-2011 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
I carry mine across my chest. I can't afford to have mine stolen, my purse has something concealed in it. .

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I carry a wallet in my pocklet and have conceled things in my waist band at times;)

Amythyst02 07-16-2011 01:13 PM

hmm I always leave my purse in the cart, with the child seat belt around it, guess I won't be doing that anymore!! Thanks so much for the info, sorry about what happened to you though. I guess I should have known better, especially the way times are. But, I seldom carry any cash, but if they got my debit card, I would be in big trouble.

quiltingme 07-16-2011 01:14 PM

sorry for your loss. thanks for the reminder to hang on to our purses. I am even leery of leaving mine in the cart with my hubby pushing it, as he turns away often or just walks away from the cart to go get something. he just does not believe anyone would ever steal it out of the cart... he should have lived in an earlier time, huh?

boysmomoflabs 07-16-2011 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by dinlauren
So sorry this happened to you. The person who took your purse has your address...you might consider changing the locks at home.

Excellent point, they might be trying to give you a false sense of security by having everything returned, but might have somehow made key copies?

Yes, this sounds paranoid, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

The fear you must have felt at that moment {{hugs}} to you.

Ramona Byrd 07-16-2011 01:22 PM

I CARRY A small wallet in my pocket at all times when shopping have id and my bank card hardly ever carry cash i leave big purse in trunk of car so sad times are so bad for so many people thanks for the reminder
-----------------------------------------------------------
Another reminder..do NOT ever put your purse in the trunk when you stop in a parking lot. Do it at the LAST place you go, because someone sitting in a car near you can see that the trunk has a purse in it.

lynn_z 07-16-2011 04:54 PM

I wear clothes with pockets when I am out shopping. Back pockets in jeans are the perfect place for billfold and cel phone. I have phone set on vibrate...haha!

sewnsewer2 07-16-2011 04:58 PM

OMG! I never let my purse out of my site! I'm glad you got it back.

glowworm 07-17-2011 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by patchitpat
While at a grocery store yesterday I had my purse with my wallet and keys stolen from the grocery cart. I had it locked in the child safety strap to no avail it was still taken. I turned my back for 3 seconds to pick up a box of rice on the bottom shelf. This morning the local police called me to tell me it had been found, everything was there except my cash and I just had gotten my check cashed. Please hang on to your purses while shopping - people are desperate! I hope it feeds some hungry kids and not used for dope and drink. In the meantime I'll get by......................

I know how that feels. Someone took my cash, credit cards and checks on July 7 this year.

Homespun 07-17-2011 04:38 AM

It's a sad commentary on our world today. I accidently left my purse in a buggy one day inside the store and drove away. Quickly realized it and returned to the store. It was still sitting in the buggy. Lucky me.