Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   WalMart sales down & why (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/walmart-sales-down-why-t66179.html)

BRenea 09-24-2010 07:13 PM

I miss the way Wal-Mart used to be...and yes, Sam Walton must be turning over in his grave!

Gramof6 09-24-2010 07:24 PM

I have just about stopped shopping there. I do use their pharmacy but th is about it. I see no rhyme nor reason to the way they are stocking things either. Sucha as: In the little girl dept. why would they have a display of popcorn, hot choc. mix and jello???? Makes no sense! LOL If I am going to pay high prices for groceries, then I have chosen the right to go elsewhere so that I do have a wide variety of brands to choose from. I do not need to go somewhere that will just end with me leaving there fuming. LOL

azam 09-24-2010 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by bobbie1
Need info..how do we get in touch with them?

I agree, please give us the info. I'd be happy to let them know what I think and then some!

Sadiemae 09-24-2010 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Gramof6
I have just about stopped shopping there. I do use their pharmacy but th is about it. LOL

Most of my meds I get by mail, but if I need to get one in town I go to Target. I got a 3 month supply very cheap!

Dodie 09-24-2010 07:47 PM

I also miss the way WalMart use to be was easy to shop had a nice fabric department and was very friendly not so at ours anymore things are moved to crazy places no fabric and mostly just carries there brand which are just rejects from the good companys so I hardly go there anymore I have told them but no one cares

deanna_1 09-24-2010 08:38 PM

I live in a small rural town of 1500 people. I have to travel to Wal-Mart 20 miles away to get the things I needed for quilting and sewing. I heard that in a year, they are going to close down their fabric dept. What can a quilter do for supplies? The next large town is 50 miles away and they already closed down their fabric dept.

Dee 09-24-2010 08:51 PM

The old saying. The bigger they are the harder they fall. I don't go to Wally hardly at all now. Shelves are empty. No fabric and no items they used to carry. So why go?

butterflywing 09-24-2010 09:44 PM

i don't understand what made WM think they would be mistaken for a high-end store. for upper-end groceries i go to wegman's or trader joe's. for mid to higher end clothing i go to talbots or any other good mall store. their draw was low prices. if they raise prices, why go there are all? even their cat food and litter was more expensive than the same brand at shoprite.

besides, as you all must know by now, i won't shop there because they import everything from china when there are no jobs at home. i know other stores do that, but they are the absolute worst. they do not carry any american-union-made merchandise.

QKO 09-24-2010 10:00 PM

Another problem is that WM has continuously put so much pressure on suppliers to cut prices that lots of suppliers refuse to sell to them anymore.

Reason for this is that in order to cut supply prices you have to cut quality, once you've gotten to the point where you've done everything else you can to cut manufacturing costs.

From a manufacturer's standpoint, it isn't worth ruining your brand integrity just to put cheap products on WM's shelves and then make no money on them as well. That's one of the reasons why you're seeing less and less variety on WM's shelves.

gkeen 09-25-2010 12:21 AM

I'll stick to mom and pop stores, better quality and gives them a boost up.